Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Black Friday Ads Hit the Web Early

Last response: in Tom's Guide
November 16, 2007 11:58:13 PM

"Free advertising is a pretty good deal. Maybe Wal-Mart should stop complaining."

yeah i wouldnt be complaining when they know christmas sales are going to be down this year.. why you think everyone is advertising so early?
November 17, 2007 12:55:45 AM

Black Fridays are always fun but not always the things I want. Easier to shop online for them but retailers actually lose money on certain items to get people into their stores.

CompUSA seems to have more Black Fridays than any other retailers! Makes me wonder how can they stay in business if they keep doing this and the fact they closed several of their stores several months ago in effort to save on costs. Least there always Fry's in my area.

Related resources
November 17, 2007 12:57:29 AM

deleted..dupe msg

November 17, 2007 2:53:14 AM

Letting your lawyers run your legal department is one thing, letting them run your business is quite another. Passing up on free advertising... old Sam Walton must be rolling in his crypt banging on the walls in anger. :fou: 
November 18, 2007 5:22:36 PM

Hope the price of intel CPUs will drop
November 20, 2007 10:37:15 PM

I dont think Intel does Black Friday sales. :p  Although, they do compete with AMD, so if AMD's quad core is competitive, that will help control Intel prices.
December 23, 2010 12:36:40 PM

Free advertising is a pretty good deal. Maybe Wal-Mart should stop complaining."

yeah i wouldnt be complaining when they know christmas sales are going to be down this year.. why you think everyone is advertising so early? 2011Geld2011
December 24, 2010 12:38:48 AM

Closing necro
!