Building an A64 Rig ... ran into a problem when installing..

I was given an Athlon 64 3400 socket 754 Clawhammer and I recently
bought a Asus K8N4-E Deluxe (link to it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.asp?Item=N82E168131315 33)

Now I installed everything, I'm using a copper Zalman HSF, and I have a
500w PSU ... When I went to boot from the windows (Windows XP 64bit) cd
so that I could reformat + reinstall (update the HAL), the CD would
boot up, get to the blue screen when it starts loading everything, it
would hang and freeze after it says Setup is Starting Windows (or
something to that extent).

(Yes I have enabled OS2 in bios)

Now when I tried to do the same thing with a regular 32-bit windows xp
cd, it would restart after loading a few things instead of hanging, and
it'd just keep doing that.

I have tried to boot up another cd that has partition magic on it, and
I was able to do that and reformat my main partition ... however
afterwards I tried to boot up windows xp (64 bit and 32 bit) and it
does the same thing.

Any one know what could possibly be wrong?

Malke

k. tran wrote:

> I was given an Athlon 64 3400 socket 754 Clawhammer and I recently
> bought a Asus K8N4-E Deluxe (link to it:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ Product.asp?Item=N82E168131315 33)

(snip repeat post)

Please don't make a new post for the same question only a few minutes
apart. Wait at least 24 hours. I answered your original post. Search
Google Groups for your name.

Try using a newsreader to access these newsgroups. Here are some links
to information about newsgroups:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting