4 WINDS: Multiplayer

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2004 1:54:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Is it possible to connect to a server with many player to play with such as
www.tumj.com using 4W ?
thank you in advance
Andrea

More about : winds multiplayer

Anonymous
May 18, 2004 6:22:30 AM

On Sun, 16 May 2004 09:54:44 GMT, "dbrn" <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:

>Is it possible to connect to a server with many player to play with such as
>www.tumj.com using 4W ?
>thank you in advance
>Andrea

It shouldn't be too hard I guess.

I actually think that Lagarto should offer a forum were registered
users could arrange games between themselves. A mailing list for
registered users giving news about new patches and develoments would
also be in order - I bet most users are aware of updates by
accident... I know I am...

Cheers,
Filipe
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 10:40:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

On Tue, 18 May 2004 02:22:30 +0100, Filipe Silva
<laSPAMfey@netMENOTcabo.pt> wrote:

>It shouldn't be too hard I guess.
>
>I actually think that Lagarto should offer a forum were registered
>users could arrange games between themselves.

Update - some info I got directly from Arto Tenkanen regarding 4Winds:

"...providing a dedicated server or a list of willing multiplayer
gamers would not resolve the major problem, inability of users to
connect directly to each others' computers (because of use of
firewalls and non-direct IP addresses). We would need to create a
completely new multiplayer engine based on client host architecture,
and this is currently not possible."

"However, providing a forum for better feedback and for letting users
meet each other (e.g., in order to arrange multiplayer games, if they
are willing to take a risk and turn off their firewalls), is something
we could do, and for that purpose I have been setting up a phpbb
forum. But I need to develop it further before publishing it.
Hopefully I manage to do it during the summer."

Well - I think there's nothing much I can add - except a "Thank you
Arto!" ^_^

Filipe
May 19, 2004 1:40:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Thank you filipe, do you own that game if you do we could organize a match
or two, if not do you play any online mahjong game ?
Anonymous
May 19, 2004 4:20:15 AM

On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:40:56 GMT, "dbrn" <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:

>Thank you filipe, do you own that game if you do we could organize a match
>or two, if not do you play any online mahjong game ?

Sure, I can do that. Here's what I'll do - when I finish posting this
message I'll send an e-mail to the address you use on your posts. If
it doesn't arrive or if the address is incorrect then feel free to
e-mail me!

Cheers,
Filipe
!