Shanghai Second Dynasty

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

I bought a copy today and i sadly realized that
there are NO players in all the avaiable servers ! :(
i am almost disappointed by this :( i wanted to have some real challenge :(

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

"dbrn" <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote...
> I bought a copy today and i sadly realized that
> there are NO players in all the avaiable servers ! :(
> i am almost disappointed by this :( i wanted to have some real challenge
:(

The online feature of the Shanghai games is pretty much dead now. You CAN
still go online with it, but many of the servers no longer work because
Activision stopped supporting them a couple years ago. And once you find a
server to use, you won't find other players there unless you line them up in
advance. (You have to issue a playdate appointment - you can't just go to
the
servers.)

It's a lot of work for very little return, I'm afraid. But two of the
servers still
work (the ones at the top). Some folks have recently gathered on
Fridays to play, at the nl.alink.gamepoint.net server (the one that seems to
work more often than the other).

The game is mainly useful solely as an offline game now.
Tom