Firmware update for Segate harddrives?

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Does anyone know where I could get firmware updates for Seagate Harddrives? Thanks...

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Prolly Seagate's site, duh...if there is another one available...
BTW, how hard is your disk???

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

jim552

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
I haven't seen, or needed, a hard drive firmware update
for years? (As the risk of being dated, is probably more likely into the second decade now!)

I am not sure, that on consumer drives, the process is common anymore? Perhaps not even available as an option?

What makes you think you need a firmware update?

RichPLS

Champion
Last firmware update for Hard Drive was with Maxtor Quantum 10K SCSI drives and it was to make the drives quiter.
No hard drives since that have I had to flash.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Someone handed me a pair of 80gb hard drives that work fine alone but will not work right piared up in a RAID, get software corruption. Founf that one of them is not spinning at 7200rpm when it is rated for such. Since the only other option is RMA but it is out of warranty so I figure to try to reinstall the firmware of get the updated one if it is out.

Bad news I have contacted Seagate and they have only posted updates for thier SCSI drives, probably for the same issues I have right now with my IDE drive.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>