Cannot Install Windows (Can't create a partition?)

When I try to install Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit onto my Hard Drive it says that it can't create a partition on it, so Installation cannot continue.

The hard drive was formatted and cleared and ready to go...How can I solve this problem?

I'm in the BIOS right now, but keep in mind that this is a Dell Dimension 4600 so the BIOS isn't all that advanced like nowaday computers.

Any help is deeply appreciated!
6 answers Last reply
More about cannot install windows create partition
  1. wish you luck if this is the one made for xp and no win 7 support and driver http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/dimension-4600
  2. So...Does this desktop not support Windows 7?
  3. download and burn gpart, boot to gpart, fix HDD UUID and format in gpart, then try again.
  4. Okay, I'll try this, but what is UUID?
  5. There's no need to pre-partition or format the drive, this can be accomplished as part of the install. If you choose the advanced option when asked where you want to install Windows you have the option to delete existing partitions and create new ones (only 4 primary allowed per drive). The installer will format on the fly.
  6. windows 7 and windows 8 looks for a non partion drive. it needs to make two partion when you start the install. the system partion and a data partion. with the drive partion it cant do that so the install fails.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Partition Hard Drives Windows 7