8 answers Last reply
More about dealing machine update
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    On 2004-05-26 07:46:32 +0200, "Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> said:

    > You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
    > http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm
    >
    > Tom

    It's hilarious.. I won't miss one day in this NG the coming months (^^)
    Still jealous, Tom!
    --

    |Martin Rep
    |The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
    |Mahjong News:
    |www.mahjongnews.com
    |The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
    |www.riichi.tk
    |The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
    |www.gouden-draak.nl
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    "Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> writes:
    > You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
    > http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

    Oooo, Ahhhh!

    It's good to be able to live this vicariously; I wouldn't be motivated
    to go to all that trouble for a table myself, but I'm interested in
    your adventures from a safe distance!

    /Symeon
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    "Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<YaWsc.117257$xw3.6956758@attbi_s04>...
    > You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
    > http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm
    >
    > Tom

    Make sure you come back here and let us know when the
    site/story/pictures is updated. Pictures look interesting. Now we
    all feel like we have a part in "owning" the machine. Hope it works.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    Newer news.

    http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    Hi Tom,
    I am remembered to my / our fixing-tries. If we can help you with any
    kind of experience, then let us know.
    Good luck,
    André
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    "Andr? Marohn" <a.marohn@gmx.de> wrote...
    > If we can help you with any
    > kind of experience, then let us know.

    Thanks, Andre. I just got a plug this morning. I don't see any reason why I
    shouldn't just connect it and plug it in, see what happens...?
    Tom
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    Tom Sloper wrote:
    > You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
    > http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

    On your website you wrote: "I guess the previous owner had ordered some
    replacement tiles. The odd thing (besides that the grooves were
    unpainted) is that the backs are white. Not particularly useful as
    replacements!"

    I don't think they are meant as replacement tiles. White tiles are used
    by repairmen to check the mechanism of the machines as they are easily
    spotted in the middle of others tiles.

    > My probable next step is to put a plug onto the cord, and see what
    > happens when it's turned on.
    > Unless Andre or Nath or Ricky have better suggestions.

    If the machine has been cleaned and inspected to make sure nothing is
    loose or out of place, I don't see why should resist any longer to plug
    it in. A quick look before at
    http://www.adjust2000.co.jp/macineimfof/auto-mjs.htm (description of the
    normal startup sequence) could be also helpful.

    Have fun
    Nath
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

    "Nath Krishmaratala" <mahjongmontreal@hotmail.com> wrote...

    > On your website you wrote: "I guess the previous owner had ordered some
    > replacement tiles. The odd thing (besides that the grooves were
    > unpainted) is that the backs are white. Not particularly useful as
    > replacements!"
    >
    > I don't think they are meant as replacement tiles. White tiles are used
    > by repairmen to check the mechanism of the machines as they are easily
    > spotted in the middle of others tiles.

    Ah. OK, I changed what I'd written before.

    > If the machine has been cleaned and inspected to make sure nothing is
    > loose or out of place, I don't see why should resist any longer to plug
    > it in.

    I did try, and nothing happened (story is now up).

    >A quick look before at
    > http://www.adjust2000.co.jp/macineimfof/auto-mjs.htm (description of the
    > normal startup sequence) could be also helpful.

    D'OH! Picture #1 clearly shows an on/off switch I was unable to find
    yesterday. This adjust2000.co.jp site is chock full of excellent
    information. And the site translation site Nath mentioned earlier is very
    powerful - it gives me the ability to navigate a translated site and find
    even more excellent information. I'm still exploring info about the Jansui
    machine.

    Anyway, thanks doubly, Nath. I found the on/off switch, and the machine now
    lights up and makes whirring noises. Pictures and details at
    http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

    Cheers!
    Tom

Games Video Games