Dealing machine update

Last response: in Video Games
May 26, 2004 9:46:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

Tom

More about : dealing machine update

Anonymous
May 26, 2004 8:12:53 PM

On 2004-05-26 07:46:32 +0200, "Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> said:

> You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
> http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm
>
> Tom

It's hilarious.. I won't miss one day in this NG the coming months (^^)
Still jealous, Tom!
--

|Martin Rep
|The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
|Mahjong News:
|www.mahjongnews.com
|The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
|www.riichi.tk
|The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
|www.gouden-draak.nl
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 10:19:09 PM

"Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> writes:
> You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
> http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

Oooo, Ahhhh!

It's good to be able to live this vicariously; I wouldn't be motivated
to go to all that trouble for a table myself, but I'm interested in
your adventures from a safe distance!

/Symeon
Related resources
May 27, 2004 12:03:35 PM

"Tom Sloper" <tomster@sloperamaNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<YaWsc.117257$xw3.6956758@attbi_s04>...
> You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
> http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm
>
> Tom

Make sure you come back here and let us know when the
site/story/pictures is updated. Pictures look interesting. Now we
all feel like we have a part in "owning" the machine. Hope it works.
Anonymous
May 28, 2004 5:24:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Hi Tom,
I am remembered to my / our fixing-tries. If we can help you with any
kind of experience, then let us know.
Good luck,
André
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 3:43:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

"Andr? Marohn" <a.marohn@gmx.de> wrote...
> If we can help you with any
> kind of experience, then let us know.

Thanks, Andre. I just got a plug this morning. I don't see any reason why I
shouldn't just connect it and plug it in, see what happens...?
Tom
Anonymous
May 29, 2004 4:31:22 AM

Tom Sloper wrote:
> You asked for it. You got it. Pictures and story at
> http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

On your website you wrote: "I guess the previous owner had ordered some
replacement tiles. The odd thing (besides that the grooves were
unpainted) is that the backs are white. Not particularly useful as
replacements!"

I don't think they are meant as replacement tiles. White tiles are used
by repairmen to check the mechanism of the machines as they are easily
spotted in the middle of others tiles.

> My probable next step is to put a plug onto the cord, and see what
> happens when it's turned on.
> Unless Andre or Nath or Ricky have better suggestions.

If the machine has been cleaned and inspected to make sure nothing is
loose or out of place, I don't see why should resist any longer to plug
it in. A quick look before at
http://www.adjust2000.co.jp/macineimfof/auto-mjs.htm (description of the
normal startup sequence) could be also helpful.

Have fun
Nath
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 2:24:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

"Nath Krishmaratala" <mahjongmontreal@hotmail.com> wrote...

> On your website you wrote: "I guess the previous owner had ordered some
> replacement tiles. The odd thing (besides that the grooves were
> unpainted) is that the backs are white. Not particularly useful as
> replacements!"
>
> I don't think they are meant as replacement tiles. White tiles are used
> by repairmen to check the mechanism of the machines as they are easily
> spotted in the middle of others tiles.

Ah. OK, I changed what I'd written before.

> If the machine has been cleaned and inspected to make sure nothing is
> loose or out of place, I don't see why should resist any longer to plug
> it in.

I did try, and nothing happened (story is now up).

>A quick look before at
> http://www.adjust2000.co.jp/macineimfof/auto-mjs.htm (description of the
> normal startup sequence) could be also helpful.

D'OH! Picture #1 clearly shows an on/off switch I was unable to find
yesterday. This adjust2000.co.jp site is chock full of excellent
information. And the site translation site Nath mentioned earlier is very
powerful - it gives me the ability to navigate a translated site and find
even more excellent information. I'm still exploring info about the Jansui
machine.

Anyway, thanks doubly, Nath. I found the on/off switch, and the machine now
lights up and makes whirring noises. Pictures and details at
http://www.sloperama.com/jansui.htm

Cheers!
Tom
!