Quick advice needed re "NO Floppy Drive Detected!" error

July 13, 2005 2:50:58 PM

Hi all

Whenever I start my PC it does the usual black screen bit and some
computer language but then it bleeps and prompts me with the following
message:

NO Floppy Drive Detected!
Press F1 To Resume

I can press F1 and get it running fine, but I can't actually fix this
fault. Moreover, I tried to do System Restore but when the system
restarts to do the restore I get the 'floppy drive' prompt and that
seems to interfere with it.

I don't have a floppy drive on this machine, which is a quite new
Windows XP, AMD Athlon model. The problem never used to occur and I
can't recall anything specific happening when it started, although I
think I was deleting a lot of ordinary files around that time.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:54:19 PM

Get into the BIOS (Del key or F2) and remove Floppy from the BOOT order.

rigolgm@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Whenever I start my PC it does the usual black screen bit and some
> computer language but then it bleeps and prompts me with the following
> message:
>
> NO Floppy Drive Detected!
> Press F1 To Resume
>

> I can press F1 and get it running fine, but I can't actually fix this
> fault. Moreover, I tried to do System Restore but when the system
> restarts to do the restore I get the 'floppy drive' prompt and that
> seems to interfere with it.
>
> I don't have a floppy drive on this machine, which is a quite new
> Windows XP, AMD Athlon model. The problem never used to occur and I
> can't recall anything specific happening when it started, although I
> think I was deleting a lot of ordinary files around that time.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Mike

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 5:46:11 AM

Good stuff! I had to remove it from another area of BIOS other than
the boot order (it was a list of various floppy types and I shifted it
to [disable], I believe, but yeah it's sorted!
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:02:51 PM

Good to hear, have a good one!

!