Quick advice needed re "NO Floppy Drive Detected!" error

Hi all

Whenever I start my PC it does the usual black screen bit and some
computer language but then it bleeps and prompts me with the following
message:

NO Floppy Drive Detected!
Press F1 To Resume

I can press F1 and get it running fine, but I can't actually fix this
fault. Moreover, I tried to do System Restore but when the system
restarts to do the restore I get the 'floppy drive' prompt and that
seems to interfere with it.

I don't have a floppy drive on this machine, which is a quite new
Windows XP, AMD Athlon model. The problem never used to occur and I
can't recall anything specific happening when it started, although I
think I was deleting a lot of ordinary files around that time.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about quick advice needed floppy drive detected error

    Get into the BIOS (Del key or F2) and remove Floppy from the BOOT order.

    rigolgm@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Whenever I start my PC it does the usual black screen bit and some
    > computer language but then it bleeps and prompts me with the following
    > message:
    >
    > NO Floppy Drive Detected!
    > Press F1 To Resume
    >

    > I can press F1 and get it running fine, but I can't actually fix this
    > fault. Moreover, I tried to do System Restore but when the system
    > restarts to do the restore I get the 'floppy drive' prompt and that
    > seems to interfere with it.
    >
    > I don't have a floppy drive on this machine, which is a quite new
    > Windows XP, AMD Athlon model. The problem never used to occur and I
    > can't recall anything specific happening when it started, although I
    > think I was deleting a lot of ordinary files around that time.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Mike

    Good stuff! I had to remove it from another area of BIOS other than
    the boot order (it was a list of various floppy types and I shifted it
    to [disable], I believe, but yeah it's sorted!

    Good to hear, have a good one!

    rigolgm@hotmail.com wrote:

    > Good stuff! I had to remove it from another area of BIOS other than
    > the boot order (it was a list of various floppy types and I shifted it
    > to [disable], I believe, but yeah it's sorted!

Floppy Disk Windows XP