Keyset Does Not Exist

I was trying to encrypt a file (or files). When I do so, I get the
following message:
______________________________________
An error occurred applying attributes to the file:

(name of file, or files)

Keyset does not exist

Ignore Ignore All Retry Cancel
______________________________________

Can someone help me with this problem?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Kelvin Sankar wrote:

> I was trying to encrypt a file (or files). When I do so, I get the
> following message:
> ______________________________________
> An error occurred applying attributes to the file:
>
> (name of file, or files)
>
> Keyset does not exist
>
> Ignore Ignore All Retry Cancel
> ______________________________________
>
> Can someone help me with this problem?

From Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Keyset%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bexist%2BXP&btnG=Search
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=Keyset%2Bdoes%2Bnot%2Bexist%2BXP&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wg

Good luck

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Kelvin Sankar wrote:
> I was trying to encrypt a file (or files). When I do so, I get the
> following message:
> ______________________________________
> An error occurred applying attributes to the file:
>
> (name of file, or files)
>
> Keyset does not exist
>
> Ignore Ignore All Retry Cancel
>
> Can someone help me with this problem?

Unless you like playing russian roulette with your files, I wouldn't
rely on XP's encryption, especially if it is already throwing fits
before encrypting your files.

--
Peace!
Kurt