graphic card situation

July 13, 2005 3:43:03 PM

ok i recently bought a average graphic card from crucial and it says i need
to remove/uninstall the existing card, but the problem is i have a
intergrated chipset but i dont know how to uninstall it because its obvious
that i cant remove it,

could someone give me a walkthrough on how to uninstall it.

cheers

More about : graphic card situation

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2005 6:52:44 PM

Your motherboard manual, or motherboard manufacturer's web site, should
contain the info on how to "turn off" the on-board video card.

"Browny" <Browny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok i recently bought a average graphic card from crucial and it says i
> need
> to remove/uninstall the existing card, but the problem is i have a
> intergrated chipset but i dont know how to uninstall it because its
> obvious
> that i cant remove it,
>
> could someone give me a walkthrough on how to uninstall it.
>
> cheers
July 13, 2005 6:59:05 PM

ok i know how to uninstall but when i load into BIOS i dont know where or
what to do, enlighten me

:)
Related resources
July 13, 2005 7:43:02 PM

i dont like the sound of that should,
im really confused, now i dont know where to start, put it in ane see what
happens or uninstall from device manager then put it in.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2005 10:08:01 PM

Browny wrote:
> ok i know how to uninstall but when i load into BIOS i dont know
> where or what to do, enlighten me
>
> :)

I can't. I don't know anything about your BIOS.

It's different for different motherboards. And I've already given you
the generalities of what to need to look for.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Put in the AGP card and start the system and install the drivers, it will
then diasble onboard video which is what it is meant to do, then plug your
monitor into the new card and away you go

>i dont like the sound of that should,
> im really confused, now i dont know where to start, put it in ane see
> what
> happens or uninstall from device manager then put it in.
July 14, 2005 3:20:21 PM

wow! that was great info!
that must have been the best reply on newsgroups ive had so far.

cheers
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
July 14, 2005 3:20:22 PM

Browny wrote:
> wow! that was great info!
> that must have been the best reply on newsgroups ive had so far.
>
> cheers

Of course not all motherboards work that way. Some need the onboard
video to be turned off in the BIOS.

--
Peace!
Kurt