Accessing Control Panel

It seems that I cannot access Control Panel the same way I used to. I click
Start and the menu on the right side of the panel still lists Control Panel.
However, there is an arrow pointing to the right which takes me to a menu of
the programs contained in the Control Panel listed vertically down the page.
I can right click Control Panel and hit Open. By doing so, I can then
access the icons contained therein in the old customary view. At this
point, I clicked View and the dot beside Icons was indeed there. I would
prefer to return to the point whereby Control Panel contains no right
pointing arrow and can be opened directly from the original menu.
2 answers Last reply
More about accessing control panel

    Right click on "Start" Go to properties. There is an option in there checked
    called "Expand Control Panel". Uncheck it.

    "Warren" wrote:

    > It seems that I cannot access Control Panel the same way I used to. I click
    > Start and the menu on the right side of the panel still lists Control Panel.
    > However, there is an arrow pointing to the right which takes me to a menu of
    > the programs contained in the Control Panel listed vertically down the page.
    > I can right click Control Panel and hit Open. By doing so, I can then
    > access the icons contained therein in the old customary view. At this
    > point, I clicked View and the dot beside Icons was indeed there. I would
    > prefer to return to the point whereby Control Panel contains no right
    > pointing arrow and can be opened directly from the original menu.

    Right click on Start/properties/start menu/customize/advanced/control
    panel/display as a link.

    My version of XP is not as stated below.

    "jeridbohmann" <jeridbohmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Right click on "Start" Go to properties. There is an option in there
    > checked
    > called "Expand Control Panel". Uncheck it.
    >
    > "Warren" wrote:
    >
    >> It seems that I cannot access Control Panel the same way I used to. I
    >> click
    >> Start and the menu on the right side of the panel still lists Control
    >> Panel.
    >> However, there is an arrow pointing to the right which takes me to a menu
    >> of
    >> the programs contained in the Control Panel listed vertically down the
    >> page.
    >> I can right click Control Panel and hit Open. By doing so, I can then
    >> access the icons contained therein in the old customary view. At this
    >> point, I clicked View and the dot beside Icons was indeed there. I would
    >> prefer to return to the point whereby Control Panel contains no right
    >> pointing arrow and can be opened directly from the original menu.

Control Panel Microsoft Icons Windows XP