I'm having a problem with sound...

Problem: I can't play any sound or music from anything.

History: Was working fine until me wifers and I went on a add/remove program
spree trying to free up some space. Now she asked me before she removed every
program and I used to be a computer tech... well three or for years ago. so
anything I didn't recongise and didn't see important to opreations of the
computer I gave the A-OK. Somehow though we managed to to remove the volume
control. Everything was working fine until the removal spree.

Question: I was wondering how I would be able to get that back without doing
anything extreme such as reinstalling windows.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem sound

    Hi Rono,

    If you're using Windows XP, the solution is simple ...
    Since that problem just started happening recently, try a System Restore.

    How to use Windows XP System Restore:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Rono" <Rono@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62C14F23-B6C5-4FCC-9022-26F0C7EB3B63@microsoft.com...
    | Problem: I can't play any sound or music from anything.
    |
    | History: Was working fine until me wifers and I went on a add/remove program
    | spree trying to free up some space. Now she asked me before she removed every
    | program and I used to be a computer tech... well three or for years ago. so
    | anything I didn't recongise and didn't see important to opreations of the
    | computer I gave the A-OK. Somehow though we managed to to remove the volume
    | control. Everything was working fine until the removal spree.
    |
    | Question: I was wondering how I would be able to get that back without doing
    | anything extreme such as reinstalling windows.

Computers Video Games