Can't install driver on OS install

albertoeda

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Recently i was inherited a relatively new computer from a store (they had to change it fast, so no time for repairing, they bought a new one) the computer has a "NTLDR not found" problem, there is nothing useful in the hard drive so i chose to just delete everything and install Win7 to get a fresh start.

So... after ages of loading i start the setup and i get a message telling me that the driver for the optical unit is not found, requesting me to install a new one, the drive is a "Lite-On iHAS124-04 Y" and the only driver i could fin is this one:
http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1678-file_BL0X.EXE.html

I put the BL0X.exe file in a pen drive and the windows installer doesn't recognize the driver, the file runs on my other computer (but i get an error saying that i don't have the right hard drive, because i don't), and the installation won't continue without installing the driver.

What can i do?

Solution
The BL0X is the firmware not the driver..

could u just Unplug The Optical drives, install the OS and later plug in the Optical and then update the firmware..?

U could try to install OS using USB flash disk.... (by copy any files that in windows boot able installation disk, and set in bios to boot from usb/flash disk)

rdc85

Honorable
The BL0X is the firmware not the driver..

could u just Unplug The Optical drives, install the OS and later plug in the Optical and then update the firmware..?

U could try to install OS using USB flash disk.... (by copy any files that in windows boot able installation disk, and set in bios to boot from usb/flash disk)

Solution

albertoeda

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Yeah, i noticed this, but the BLOX is the only download i could find for the hard drive (On-Lite's website doesn't even say it sells optical drives, forget about finding support for it)

I guess that USB is my only option, i lost my flash drive a few days ago, so i'll find one to borrow.

Thank you!