Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with a few Windows XP Pro workstations. We have a
network drive "X:\" that connects to a share on our Windows 2000 Server. In
"My Computer", the X drive shows as a disconnected drive and we can browse
the files their by double-clicking on the drive. Yet when we try to use and
application to open files on the X drive through FILE > OPEN, we can't see
the X drive.

If I run the commend "net use x: /delete" it tells me the device does not
exist. If I try "net use x: \\server\olddocs /y" it tells me the device is
already in use.

How can I clear the X drive so that it will work normally again? It worked
for months before this issue started happening... this appears to only be
happening with the Windows XP workstations and not our Windows 2000 Pro
machines.

Many thanks!

What happens if in My Computer you r-click on "X:" and select Disconnect?