NEW DELL XPS 420

I like the case as well except for the fact that it is most likely a BTX form factor and it's hard to find motherboards that fit that. Maybe they'll do what they did for the XPS 710 and let you buy a barebones system. Price is high considering what you get, but again, it's a Dell.

Wait for the price to drop. They are playing to many games with this machines configuration options.
You can't not get the Dell 19 in 1 media reader, if you want a GTX you have to choose the most expensive base configuration, and they now have a psu upgrade to 425w that you can get only if you choose the Quad processor. Seems like they're trying to do more to drive customers away than attract them.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007

dell offered a barebones system??

Yes, the 700 and the 710 were both offered as DIY kits that included case, mb, cpu and psu, niether was very cost effective ( it would have cost more to complete it on your own than if you had purchased it complete ).
I don't believe any others were offered this way and as far as I know they are no longer offering the option with the new 720 series.

TheForumMember

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Shucks, I purchased a XPS 400, only to realize the 410 got released a few months after, and now the 420's out. But the 420 case is awesome, to say the least.