Error 983 while using Partition Magic

July 13, 2005 4:31:02 PM

Hi,
I tired using patition magic 8 and partitioned by C drive to two partitions.
Applied the changes and rebooted.During boot the following message is shown
and drive is not partitioned.
"Error 983 occured".
Can anybody please help ?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:51:42 PM

Error 983: "Too many errors found, process halted"
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/powerquest.nsf/56d...

Utilize the following maintenance programs before using Partition Magic:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Binu" wrote:

| Hi,
| I tired using patition magic 8 and partitioned by C drive to two partitions.
| Applied the changes and rebooted.During boot the following message is shown
| and drive is not partitioned.
| "Error 983 occured".
| Can anybody please help ?
November 22, 2009 8:05:57 AM

partition magic has many error when resizing a partition, I abandon it now, I use free easeus partition, it works well on my Windows 7 partition, see this page how to resize windows 7 partition.
!