Sign in with
Your question

Hdd problems

Last response: in Storage
December 18, 2004 4:46:19 PM

brrrr problem after problem lol, guys i was playing half life 2 when it started sturring and i turned the comp off. Inside the case was steaming, the 2 hdd's i use were boiling. Immediately when i rebooted i got to the hdd finding part and heard a contious beep so left the comp off for an hour. When starting it took like 10 minutes for the comuter to get to the finding hdd section, and my slave drive could not be found. When it came to booting the comp reported that it couldn't boot from the primary HD :sigh!: . When listening to my second hd upon booting i found that the hd did not start up, does this mean the hd is foobed up and can i get a return under this condition, the computer weren't even that hot. Also why is it taking ages for the computer to go through the POST section, could a computer technician fix all or some of these problems???

cheers :sigh!:

More about : hdd problems

December 18, 2004 7:48:54 PM

ah great, i've found when the hd's are plugged in post goes super slow but without them it goes fine, ffs. So what does this mean, both flippin hd's a re buggered. I've found if i set the hardrive which was detected but which won't boot as slave and some old hd i found as primary i can recover info off it. alas half life 2 and vampire on the one which won't reboot lol. Is there away to get the data off this hd. That is the hd which i don't think powers up??
!