I am referring about the Operating system WinXP Professional.

When I start my system, a screen appears with all the list of users
available in my system with their respective image and name displayed in the
main screen. If I click my user icon or name, the password text box enables
and I enter the password in the text box. This is the current behaviour of my
system. This is as per the factory setting.

When I press CNTL + ALT + DEL, the task manager appears instead of Windows
Security screen, where in which I can lock my system. This is not possible
here in my OS.

In this scenario if I create as many users their name and image appears in
the main screen and it looks weird. I need the normal logon window which is
alike Win2K logon screen.

Can any one help.

Thanks in advance

I think you are trying to disable the "welcome screen"
To do this,
Goto Control Panel
Click on User Accounts
A window will come up that says "Pick a task..."
Choose "Change the way users log on or off"
Uncheck "Use the Welcome screen"
Apply Options and exit out of the remaining windows...

Now it will not have the users listed with their images...only a box for
username and password.

Hope this helps,
Jason Ryon