Sign in with
Your question

Advice on what DVDRW to buy?

Last response: in Storage
December 19, 2004 1:20:44 PM

I was looking at the following 2 models to begin with?

Pioneer DVR-108SW - 16X DVD±R - Dual Layer 4X - OEM - BEIGE
Liteon DVD+R9 Dual Layer - DVD+R 16x - Retail (SOHW-1653S)

Im open to any advise and suggestions as im no expert in this area.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by montoya on 12/20/04 00:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : advice dvdrw buy

December 19, 2004 4:33:27 PM

Plextor 716SA is the best that there is for DVD burners.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
Related resources
December 20, 2004 9:44:38 AM

716SA? I too was looking for a dvdrw and i saw the 716A got some nice reviews across the web. But whats the difference between the SA and the A? And besides this i sometimes see 716A/JP, are these all different names for the same thing or different names for different things?
December 20, 2004 11:03:38 AM

I think it is SATA verses ATA models

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>
December 20, 2004 11:24:50 AM

hmm yeah that does sound fair to me. And do you have any clue what the JP addition means?

And by the way does DL mean you can only burn DL or can you choose between burning SL or DL
December 21, 2004 11:52:44 AM

GSA4160BA is meant to be good for backing up protected media... (but not so good for backing up damaged CDs) for reviews on this drive & your other shortlisted ones see [html]www.cdr-info.com[/html]

Trust me I know what I'm doing... ooops, grab the cat...
December 21, 2004 12:16:55 PM

SATA is useless on optical drive, unless you want to pay more, have extra SATA port or dont want to use flat IDE cable or round cable.

Had it price about the same as stansard ATA, I would have say OK, but not at this price. Unles it went down lately

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!
December 21, 2004 5:46:21 PM

All DL is backwards compatible to SL. For pure compatability reasons, choose a -/+ R/RW model. Until the industry giants stick to a standard, consumers are stuck with two formats.

From personal experience, I've always used Plextor or Sony. Plextor is my pref for burning cds, and Sony for my DVD's. Both are fast, smooth, reliable, and durable. Whatever you choose, ensure you always get the latest firmware updates.

<font color=green><b><i>Lizards</font color=green></b> do <b>not</b> taste like <b><font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b>,<b> <font color=yellow>chicken</font color=yellow></b> tastes like <font color=green><b>lizard.</b></font color=green></i>
!