Alienware or Sagar notebook? Looking for reviews.

sword7w

Distinguished
May 30, 2003
I'm moving soon and unloading my desktop computer in favor of a notebook. I don't game as much as I used to but I still do occasionaly, so I'm looking for a notebook with some power. Alienware's a good name, but I was impressed by Sagar.

I'm looking for some personel reviews on the matter. If anybody out there has any experience with either system or has other suggestions, I'd like to hear 'em.

I'm shooting for the $2500-2700 range.

Thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sword7w on 05/29/03 10:16 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
I had a Sager, and i didn't like it: It wasn't a "notebook" as such as it weighed 3.5Kg; If you lift it up at one side or at a corner, the whole notebook creaked, groaned and shifted under its own weight. It was powerful like I ordered it to be, but I gave in to a more portable but just as powerful Dell Inspiron 8200 1.7GHz, ATI M9 64MB (which still scored higher than the 2.4GHz M9 Sager in 3DMark) and now to a Dell Latitude D800 (Pentium-M 1.6GHz, GeForce 4 Go 4200 64MB) which scores more than 10000 3DMarks, the highest for any notebook so far.

Go for a Sager if you have the shoulder of a rugby player, and dont mind shoddy build quality, but want high(ish) performance.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I've heard some horror stories about those alienwares, supposedly they shipped a lot of them with defects.

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

sword7w

Distinguished
May 30, 2003
Thanks for your input, both. I've found enough reviews to turn away from alienware and sager notebooks. I've gone with dell.

Yode

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2001
one word for you...VOODOOPC...Dell, sager, AW all SUCK, go with a voodooPC, simply awesome and they have number one customer service and ratings!!!!!
www.voodoopc.com

HAVE FUN!

RaPTuRe

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2001
Hey yode - you do know that a Sager is a VoodooPC, as is Eurocom, Alienware etc. They offer the same shoddy build quality with different colour chassis.

If you can show me one VoodooPC that gets over 10500 3DMarks, I will concede - until then, my Dell is performance king ;)

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?