Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New problem with windows 7

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
March 18, 2010 11:50:14 PM

Ok this is getting frustrating. Whenever i get home from work i flip the computer on. Go about doing whatever in the house and then come sit down *roughly 5-10 minutes*. Its still on the password login screen. I type my password in and its goes into windows. AS its loading stuff it FREEZES. COMPLETE lockup. Now if i were to turn it on. type the password in immediately. It works flawlessly....whats the deal?

I do have a overclock but its password 9 hour stress tests on prime 95 and occt.

amd phenom 965 3.8ghz at 1.41 volts.

Any ideas?

More about : problem windows

March 19, 2010 12:08:02 AM

its either the delay of me not logging in immediately. or its cause its the first start in over 8 hours. What could be causing this?
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
March 19, 2010 12:10:40 AM

I don’t think that this is a hardware problem; I think that you are having a software conflict. Disable all of the startup programs in MSCONFIG reboot and see if this cures the problem and then re-enable the programs one by one until the problem reoccurs.
Related resources
March 19, 2010 1:32:04 AM

disabled msi overclocking, core temp, msi afterburner, and a useless audio manager. Will see it performs over the next couple days.
m
l
March 21, 2010 1:35:14 PM

seems not to be doing it anymore. Now to start adding one by one back. thanks again.
m
l
March 21, 2010 1:35:30 PM

Best answer selected by ryman546.
m
l
!