Solved

New problem with windows 7

Ok this is getting frustrating. Whenever i get home from work i flip the computer on. Go about doing whatever in the house and then come sit down *roughly 5-10 minutes*. Its still on the password login screen. I type my password in and its goes into windows. AS its loading stuff it FREEZES. COMPLETE lockup. Now if i were to turn it on. type the password in immediately. It works flawlessly....whats the deal?

I do have a overclock but its password 9 hour stress tests on prime 95 and occt.

amd phenom 965 3.8ghz at 1.41 volts.

Any ideas?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem windows
  1. its either the delay of me not logging in immediately. or its cause its the first start in over 8 hours. What could be causing this?
  2. Best answer
    I don’t think that this is a hardware problem; I think that you are having a software conflict. Disable all of the startup programs in MSCONFIG reboot and see if this cures the problem and then re-enable the programs one by one until the problem reoccurs.
  3. disabled msi overclocking, core temp, msi afterburner, and a useless audio manager. Will see it performs over the next couple days.
  4. seems not to be doing it anymore. Now to start adding one by one back. thanks again.
  5. Best answer selected by ryman546.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7