msn messenger help

July 13, 2005 8:55:55 PM

When msn messenger loads, I receive the following error:

msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point GetTextExtentPointI could not be located in the
dynamic link library

I then use Task Manager to close the program. I've tried the following
procedure to address the situation (as per instructions in this newsgroup):

"See line 328: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm""

This addresses the problem of the GetIUMS procedure entry point, but not the
GetTextExtentPointI entry point. It did not resolve my problem. If someone
could give me advice, I'd appreciate it.

Note: My system is Dell and therefore I do *not* have an install disk.

Thanks,
Greg

More about : msn messenger

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:55:56 PM

Have you gone to add/remove programs,windows components,then unchecked
the box for windows messenger,if not you need to,both msn and windows
messenger cant run at the same time.Also,why fool with msn messenger,its
really designed to run in msn explorer,a dial-up isp provider.

"gregt" wrote:

> When msn messenger loads, I receive the following error:
>
> msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point GetTextExtentPointI could not be located in the
> dynamic link library
>
> I then use Task Manager to close the program. I've tried the following
> procedure to address the situation (as per instructions in this newsgroup):
>
> "See line 328: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm""
>
> This addresses the problem of the GetIUMS procedure entry point, but not the
> GetTextExtentPointI entry point. It did not resolve my problem. If someone
> could give me advice, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Note: My system is Dell and therefore I do *not* have an install disk.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:08:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

cf.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.ms...

1. Uninstall MSN Messenger & reboot.

2. Download/install MSN Messenger v7.0.0813 from http://messenger.msn.com/.

You can post further queries to this MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:

microsoft.public.msn.messenger

On the web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...

In your newsreader:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

gregt wrote:
> When msn messenger loads, I receive the following error:
>
> msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point GetTextExtentPointI could not be located in the
> dynamic link library
>
> I then use Task Manager to close the program. I've tried the following
> procedure to address the situation (as per instructions in this
> newsgroup):
> "See line 328: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm""
>
> This addresses the problem of the GetIUMS procedure entry point, but not
> the GetTextExtentPointI entry point. It did not resolve my problem. If
> someone could give me advice, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Note: My system is Dell and therefore I do *not* have an install disk.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:23:18 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

MSN Messenger is now up to version 7.0 0816 (-:

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner

news:o Wta37%23hFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> cf.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.ms...
>
> 1. Uninstall MSN Messenger & reboot.
>
> 2. Download/install MSN Messenger v7.0.0813 from
> http://messenger.msn.com/.
>
> You can post further queries to this MSN Messenger-specific newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.msn.messenger
>
> On the web:
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/d...
>
> In your newsreader:
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>

> gregt wrote:
>> When msn messenger loads, I receive the following error:
>>
>> msnmsgr.exe - Entry Point Not Found
>> The procedure entry point GetTextExtentPointI could not be located in the
>> dynamic link library
>>
>> I then use Task Manager to close the program. I've tried the following
>> procedure to address the situation (as per instructions in this
>> newsgroup):
>> "See line 328: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm""
>>
>> This addresses the problem of the GetIUMS procedure entry point, but not
>> the GetTextExtentPointI entry point. It did not resolve my problem. If
>> someone could give me advice, I'd appreciate it.
>>
>> Note: My system is Dell and therefore I do *not* have an install disk.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:30:38 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.msn.messenger (More info?)

Another update? Jeez...

!