Special Hands

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

When I play mahjongg, we play a Quebec way-
Similar to the French preset in Four Winds MJ, but with 144 different
special hands and a Charleston.

I just want to know what special hands you play with at home!

Please, no NMJL or AMJL special hands.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Gallant wrote:

> When I play mahjongg, we play a Quebec way-
> Similar to the French preset in Four Winds MJ, but with 144 different
> special hands and a Charleston.

> I just want to know what special hands you play with at home!

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)

Seriously, do you have them documented?

--
J. R. Fitch
Nine Dragons Software

"J. R. Fitch" <jrfitch@ninedragons.com> wrote in message news:<4116EE37.F57A7086@ninedragons.com>...
> Tom Gallant wrote:
>
> > When I play mahjongg, we play a Quebec way-
> > Similar to the French preset in Four Winds MJ, but with 144 different
> > special hands and a Charleston.
>
> > I just want to know what special hands you play with at home!
>
> I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :)
>
> Seriously, do you have them documented?

Yes, I do. I don't want to bore you with some you already know, and I
am short on time, so heres 25 of them (some of the rest are spawns of
these; if you want more, I need some other feedback!):

SIMPLES (MINORS)- 2s-8s IN EACH SUIT
TERMINALS- 1s + 9s IN EACH SUIT
HONORS- WINDS & DRAGONS
MAJORS- HONORS + TERMINALS

1. Windy Chows- chow in each suit, one of each wind + any wind paired
(500 pts)
2. Royal Chows- chow in each suit, one of each dragon + pair own wind
(600 pts)
3. Little Snake- tiles 1-9 in one suit, one of each wind + any honor
tile
(1000 pts)
4. Dragon Snake- tiles 1-9 in one suit, one of each dragon + pair any
winds (1100 pts)
5. Wonderful Snake- consecutive chows 1-9 in one suit, pung of any
honors, and a pair of own wind
6. Emerald/Ruby/Diamond Snake- consecutive chows 1-9 in one suit, pung
of corresponding dragon (bam = green; cracks = red; circles = white) +
any honor pair
7. Spiraling Snake- chows of 123, 345, 567, 789 in one suit + any
honor pair (1200 pts)
8. Pure Snake- consecutive chows 1-9 in one suit, any pung + pair in
same suit. (1300 pts)
9. Peking Garden- tiles 1-7 in one suit, one of each honor tile (1100
pts)
10. Peking Dragon- tiles 1-7 in one suit, pung of dragons, one of each
wind (700 pts)
11. Honorable Snake- tiles 1-8 in one suit, pair of each dragon or
three different winds (1100 pts)
12. Confused Chows- chow 123 in one suit, chow 456 in second suit,
chow 789 in third suit, pung of winds + pair of dragons OR vice versa
(1000 pts)
13. Seven Lanterns- tiles 1-7 in one suit, pung of dragons, pung of
own wind + any 1-7 paired (1200 pts)
14. Wriggly Snake- consecutive chows 1-9 in one suit, one of each wind
+ the 1 of the same suit as the run paired (so 1123456789 ESWN) (1200
pts)
15. Snake of the Four Winds- Knitted Dragon, one of each wind + a red
dragon (1400 pts)
16. Snake of the Three Dragons- Knitted Dragon, one of each dragon +
pair of own wind (1500 pts)
17. All Terminals- Four pungs + a pair of terminals only (2000 pts)
18. All Honors- Four pungs + a pair of honors only (2000 pts)
19. Knitting- Seven Knitted Pairs (250 pts)
20. Gertie's Garter- Knitting, with 1-7. (700 pts)
21. Triple Knitting- Four Knitted Pungs + a Knitted Pair (500 pts)
22. Crazy Chows- Four Knitted Chows + a Knitted Pair (250 pts)
23. Grand Knitting- any 2 Knitted Chows, any 2 Knitted Pungs + any
Knitted Pair (800 pts)
24. Tempest- pungs of 2 dragons + pair of each wind (3000 pts)
25. Wise Emperor- pung of each dragon, one of each wind + any wind
paired (4000 pts)

WE DO NOT USE THE LIMIT SYSTEM FOR SPECIAL HANDS-
we feel it is grossly unfair. There is a limit of 1000 pts however.
No jokers are used, and a Charleston occurs before deal. ONLY ONCE!
NO RAZZLE.
To go out, you may complete any of the above hands or any hand worth
three doubles with flowers + seasons (i don't want to give the whole
scoring thing, its long!)

THANKS!
TOM