Restrict workgroup access to domain

Hi There

I am running Windows XP and have about 10 workstations in their own
workgroup for training purposes. I want to be able to restrict
ordinary local users of the workstations from accessing the domain
nodes via Network Places. I do want the local administrator to be able
to access the domain. I am sure I had this working before but cannot
remember the setting,

Any ideas/pointers?
Many Thanks
Michelle
2 answers Last reply
More about restrict workgroup access domain

    Are you saying that workstations that are in a workgroup can access files of
    workstations that are logged into a domain and this is what you want to
    prevent?

    <shellzirl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi There
    >
    > I am running Windows XP and have about 10 workstations in their own
    > workgroup for training purposes. I want to be able to restrict
    > ordinary local users of the workstations from accessing the domain
    > nodes via Network Places. I do want the local administrator to be able
    > to access the domain. I am sure I had this working before but cannot
    > remember the setting,
    >
    > Any ideas/pointers?
    > Many Thanks
    > Michelle

    Yes, that is what I want to do. Restrict access to workstations and
    servers. I did some changes in the Group Policy and was able to hide
    the 'entire netowrk' etc from showing up in Network Places. This is
    proably sufficient for my needs. Thanks!

    pcbutts1 wrote:
    > Are you saying that workstations that are in a workgroup can access files of
    > workstations that are logged into a domain and this is what you want to
    > prevent?

    > <shellzirl@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi There
    > >
    > > I am running Windows XP and have about 10 workstations in their own
    > > workgroup for training purposes. I want to be able to restrict
    > > ordinary local users of the workstations from accessing the domain
    > > nodes via Network Places. I do want the local administrator to be able
    > > to access the domain. I am sure I had this working before but cannot
    > > remember the setting,
    > >
    > > Any ideas/pointers?
    > > Many Thanks
    > > Michelle

Domain Workstations Microsoft Windows XP