running a service

I have a program that I want to run as a service. The catch is that I am
running it over a VPN and the services fails to start when the computer is
booted because the VPN tunnel hasn't been established yet.
How can I make it so the service starts after the PC is done booting, I'm at
my desktop, and the VPN tunnel has been established?
I know how to go in and manually do it, but I would like it automated if the
PC is ever rebooted.

Jason
2 answers Last reply
More about running service

    Try going to run,type:services.msc Scroll to the service,double click on it,
    then set to auto start from manual,close out.

    "JasonC" wrote:

    > I have a program that I want to run as a service. The catch is that I am
    > running it over a VPN and the services fails to start when the computer is
    > booted because the VPN tunnel hasn't been established yet.
    > How can I make it so the service starts after the PC is done booting, I'm at
    > my desktop, and the VPN tunnel has been established?
    > I know how to go in and manually do it, but I would like it automated if the
    > PC is ever rebooted.
    >
    > Jason

    It is set to automatic, problem is it doesn't start unless I manually start
    it after the PC has finished booting

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Try going to run,type:services.msc Scroll to the service,double click on it,
    > then set to auto start from manual,close out.
    >
    > "JasonC" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a program that I want to run as a service. The catch is that I am
    > > running it over a VPN and the services fails to start when the computer is
    > > booted because the VPN tunnel hasn't been established yet.
    > > How can I make it so the service starts after the PC is done booting, I'm at
    > > my desktop, and the VPN tunnel has been established?
    > > I know how to go in and manually do it, but I would like it automated if the
    > > PC is ever rebooted.
    > >
    > > Jason

VPN Tunnel Windows XP