running a service

July 13, 2005 6:18:03 PM

I have a program that I want to run as a service. The catch is that I am
running it over a VPN and the services fails to start when the computer is
booted because the VPN tunnel hasn't been established yet.
How can I make it so the service starts after the PC is done booting, I'm at
my desktop, and the VPN tunnel has been established?
I know how to go in and manually do it, but I would like it automated if the
PC is ever rebooted.

Jason

More about : running service

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 6:54:07 PM

Try going to run,type:services.msc Scroll to the service,double click on it,
then set to auto start from manual,close out.

"JasonC" wrote:

> I have a program that I want to run as a service. The catch is that I am
> running it over a VPN and the services fails to start when the computer is
> booted because the VPN tunnel hasn't been established yet.
> How can I make it so the service starts after the PC is done booting, I'm at
> my desktop, and the VPN tunnel has been established?
> I know how to go in and manually do it, but I would like it automated if the
> PC is ever rebooted.
>
> Jason
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:23:04 PM

It is set to automatic, problem is it doesn't start unless I manually start
it after the PC has finished booting

!