Online Mahjongg embuggerance

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

For the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to get into the NMJL online
game. It would act as if it were loading, then hang up.

I think I have traced the problem to Microsoft's XP Service Pack 2 which
seems to think the game will give me some sort of cyber-clap.

The support people at Sigma Software game me the following advice:

-----------------------------

Windows now defaults to blocking programs via the firewall.
Please configure your firewall to allow
MahJongg.exe to connect and also ports 4000 to 5000 on domain www.nmjl.org
----------------------------

I have absolutely no idea how to do this. If anyone can come up with a
step-by-step procedure, please pass if along.

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

I have not put sp2 on yet but go to the windows firewall properties look
for software permissions tell it the prog and ports that were supplied to
you this allows the outgoing connection to set up if you need more help
email me where you are and I'll try to get more help from MS for you Blaine
a lurker who tries to help
"Bubba" <bubba@houston.rr.nospam.com> wrote in message
> For the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to get into the NMJL
online
> game. It would act as if it were loading, then hang up.
>

> I think I have traced the problem to Microsoft's XP Service Pack 2 which
> seems to think the game will give me some sort of cyber-clap.
>

> The support people at Sigma Software game me the following advice:

> Windows now defaults to blocking programs via the firewall.
> Please configure your firewall to allow
> MahJongg.exe to connect and also ports 4000 to 5000 on domain www.nmjl.org
>

> I have absolutely no idea how to do this. If anyone can come up with a
> step-by-step procedure, please pass if along.

TRENDING THREADS