littleberry

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2001
Sam's has the Sony Wega 32HS510 on sale for $800. I have watched Cable TV on a neighbor's set and it looks really good. There is a DVI connector in back and it claims to sport 1080i (HDTV). It is 4X3 aspect ratio, however. The question is: Is there any video card for the PC that will hook up to the DVI connector of this excellent TV set so that some of the popular games (such as doom or flight simulator) can be played directly from the PC to this set via the DVI connector? I assume that connecting via the S-video out would still be choppy, ghosty, and below par, so, the only question is whether or not that DVI input can be made functional and if it is supported by any video card and PC games? littleberry

dhlucke

Polypheme
I don't see why not. If it has DVI then just hook it up to a computer and set it as the monitor. The quality of your gaming will depend on how much you spend on a videocard.

<pre><font color=red>A64 3200+ Winchester
DFI Lan Party NF4 Ultra-D
1GB Corsair 4400C25PT
WD740GD, WD2000JB, WD1200JB
ATI X800XL
Dell 2405FPW</pre><p>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ATI and nVidia have both moved to offer better controlls for output to an HDTV. Now, I'd go with 720p rather than 1080i for display mode, because progressive scanning is native to the card while interlaced requires a little fudging of the hardware by the software.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>