Digital HD Camcorder - NTSC v PAL

stewartv72

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Hello all,

I am just new and have a question for you guys that I hope you can help me with.

I have purchased an HD Digital Camcorder with a 60GB HDD in Canada. I live in Australia.

When I asked the salesman if there would be any issues, they told me there woudl be none, as it is on a Hard Disk.

I spoke to a friend and they told me that I would have a problem.

Can anyone please advise if I will have any problems, what they will be and also how I can get around it.

PLaying the movies on my Australian Laptop seems to cause no problems, and I can play the movies through the TV (in Canada) via the lap top with no problems, so I wonder if there would be any problems if I connect the camera directly to the TV via HDMI cable.

Thank you in advance.

regards,

Stewart.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Unlike cable TV signal the uses pal/ntsc/secam, HDMI is different; so it should work with your TV, unless your TV is picky about brands of product it's connected to.

davesophie

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
the brand of the product should not affect the TV... however computers have the ability to adapt to formats that tv do not have. I am almost certain that your tv will not be able to read you camcorder because it most likely cannot format connected media.
Now if you want to display your footage onto your tv what you can do is connect your camcorder to your computer and then your computer to your TV.