WordPad Crashing - msftedit.dll

Greetings all,

XP Pro sytem, latest updates. Dell Dimension XPS Gen5. One month old.
Running NAV2005, all updates, Zone Alarm Pro, behind a DLink NAT
router. Clean surfing habits.

Just discovered this bigtime GPF when I tried to run Wordpad:

AppName: wordpad.exe
AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180
ModName: msftedit.dll
ModVer: 5.41.14.1509
Offset: 0000bafa

Any ideas? I could post the APPCOMPAT.txt file but it looks nasty.

TIA,

-kj-

kj99gt wordpad
2 answers Last reply
More about wordpad crashing msftedit

    Call Dell support.It's only a month old. You paid for it when you bought
    your computer from them.

    "email-address-is-invalid" <kevin_jarrett@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings all,
    >
    > XP Pro sytem, latest updates. Dell Dimension XPS Gen5. One month old.
    > Running NAV2005, all updates, Zone Alarm Pro, behind a DLink NAT
    > router. Clean surfing habits.
    >
    > Just discovered this bigtime GPF when I tried to run Wordpad:
    >
    > AppName: wordpad.exe
    > AppVer: 5.1.2600.2180
    > ModName: msftedit.dll
    > ModVer: 5.41.14.1509
    > Offset: 0000bafa
    >
    > Any ideas? I could post the APPCOMPAT.txt file but it looks nasty.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -kj-
    >
    > kj99gt wordpad

    SFC /SCANNOW and a reboot fixed it.