I removed N/S from my computer and now I want to reinstall it. It says
it won't complete the installation because Norton Utilities are still
being found. I can't find any file or folder having anything to do with
Norton. Any ideas?

--
jnl636

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

jnl636 wrote:

> I removed N/S from my computer and now I want to reinstall it. It says
> it won't complete the installation because Norton Utilities are still
> being found. I can't find any file or folder having anything to do with
> Norton. Any ideas?

Contact Symantec Tech support.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Try running this clean-up utility:

How to use the Norton SystemWorks cleanup utility (SymClean)
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001101612274407

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"jnl636" wrote:

| I removed N/S from my computer and now I want to reinstall it. It says
| it won't complete the installation because Norton Utilities are still
| being found. I can't find any file or folder having anything to do with
| Norton. Any ideas?
|
| --
| jnl636

What version of NSW?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

jnl636 wrote:
> I removed N/S from my computer and now I want to reinstall it. It says
> it won't complete the installation because Norton Utilities are still
> being found. I can't find any file or folder having anything to do with
> Norton. Any ideas?

I'm running Systemworks 2002. Great package but a ah heck to reinstall after
you remove it. Even with the clean up utility I still ran into orphan files
that halted any reinstall process dead in its tracks. The only sure fire fix
I have found is to reformat the hard drive and do a clean install of XP.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> What version of NSW?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> jnl636 wrote:
> > I removed N/S from my computer and now I want to reinstall it. It says
> > it won't complete the installation because Norton Utilities are still
> > being found. I can't find any file or folder having anything to do with
> > Norton. Any ideas?

See http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001090708472107
(applies to NSW 2002 as well as NSW 2003).