Age of Mythology start up problems...

Hi,

AOM GOLD doesn't start properly, in fact most of the times
it doesn't even start at all... It seems the movieplayer gets stuck.

All my video drivers are up to date as well as directX and wmp...

The strange thing is that the trail version does work
and that sometimes the movie does start but after the short introduction of
Titans
the game still quits (without error)...

Does anyone have an idea??...

Thanx a lot!
jasper
7 answers Last reply
More about mythology start problems

    Hi "Jvdk",

    See if any of the solutions in this article fit the bill:

    If all else fails, use the last solution on that page to use this command:
    +noIntroCinematics
    which will bypass those movies instead of renaming the actual files.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    <j@nl> wrote in message news:%23H5Ge26iFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | Hi,
    |
    | AOM GOLD doesn't start properly, in fact most of the times
    | it doesn't even start at all... It seems the movieplayer gets stuck.
    |
    | All my video drivers are up to date as well as directX and wmp...
    |
    | The strange thing is that the trail version does work
    | and that sometimes the movie does start but after the short introduction of
    | Titans
    | the game still quits (without error)...
    |
    | Does anyone have an idea??...
    |
    | Thanx a lot!
    | jasper

    ...I've seem to have missed the article you're refering to..

    (or the instructions how to use that last command)...

    thanx! Jasper

    "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    > Hi "Jvdk",
    >
    > See if any of the solutions in this article fit the bill:
    >
    > If all else fails, use the last solution on that page to use this command:
    > +noIntroCinematics
    > which will bypass those movies instead of renaming the actual files.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > rights.
    >
    > <j@nl> wrote in message news:%23H5Ge26iFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > | Hi,
    > |
    > | AOM GOLD doesn't start properly, in fact most of the times
    > | it doesn't even start at all... It seems the movieplayer gets stuck.
    > |
    > | All my video drivers are up to date as well as directX and wmp...
    > |
    > | The strange thing is that the trail version does work
    > | and that sometimes the movie does start but after the short introduction
    > of
    > | Titans
    > | the game still quits (without error)...
    > |
    > | Does anyone have an idea??...
    > |
    > | Thanx a lot!
    > | jasper

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Jvdk,

    My bad - I was multitasking heavily at the time..
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331147

    Cheers,
    Jimmy.

    "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message news:OK1M%23l8iFHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | ..I've seem to have missed the article you're refering to..
    |
    | (or the instructions how to use that last command)...
    |
    | thanx! Jasper
    |

    | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    | > Hi "Jvdk",
    | >
    | > See if any of the solutions in this article fit the bill:
    | >
    | > If all else fails, use the last solution on that page to use this command:
    | > +noIntroCinematics
    | > which will bypass those movies instead of renaming the actual files.
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    | > rights.
    | >
    | > <j@nl> wrote in message news:%23H5Ge26iFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    | > | Hi,
    | > |
    | > | AOM GOLD doesn't start properly, in fact most of the times
    | > | it doesn't even start at all... It seems the movieplayer gets stuck.
    | > |
    | > | All my video drivers are up to date as well as directX and wmp...
    | > |
    | > | The strange thing is that the trail version does work
    | > | and that sometimes the movie does start but after the short introduction
    | > of
    | > | Titans
    | > | the game still quits (without error)...
    | > |
    | > | Does anyone have an idea??...
    | > |
    | > | Thanx a lot!
    | > | jasper
    | > |
    | > |

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Thanx.. I've now progressed to being able to play the game
    untill it suddendly quits.. still an improvement..

    I've found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187916/ reference,
    but that seems to relate to problems when starting the game
    ...and other OS's than Windows XP..?...

    thank you again in advance!

    > Hi Jvdk,
    >
    > My bad - I was multitasking heavily at the time..
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331147
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Jimmy.
    >
    > "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message
    > | ..I've seem to have missed the article you're refering to..
    > |
    > | (or the instructions how to use that last command)...
    > |
    > | thanx! Jasper
    > |

    > | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    > | > Hi "Jvdk",
    > | >
    > | > See if any of the solutions in this article fit the bill:
    > | >
    > | > If all else fails, use the last solution on that page to use this
    > command:
    > | > +noIntroCinematics
    > | > which will bypass those movies instead of renaming the actual files.
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    > | > Jimmy S.
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    > | >
    > | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site:
    > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    > | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > | > rights.
    > | > _________________________________________________________
    > | >
    > | > <j@nl> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > introduction
    > | > of
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    I was following your other thread just now, and think it would
    be prudent to experiment with the nVidia driver they suggested.

    --

    "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message news:u$emLWCjFHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    | Thanx.. I've now progressed to being able to play the game
    | untill it suddendly quits.. still an improvement..
    |
    | I've found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187916/ reference,
    | but that seems to relate to problems when starting the game
    | ..and other OS's than Windows XP..?...
    |
    | thank you again in advance!
    |

    | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    | > Hi Jvdk,
    | >
    | > My bad - I was multitasking heavily at the time..
    | > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331147
    | >
    | > Cheers,
    | > Jimmy.
    | >
    | > "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message
    | > | ..I've seem to have missed the article you're refering to..
    | > |
    | > | (or the instructions how to use that last command)...
    | > |
    | > | thanx! Jasper
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht

    | > command:

    | > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    | > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits

    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > introduction
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |
    | > | > |

    | > |
    | > |

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi,

    As you've possibly read in the other thread as well,
    the nVidia driver is up to date...

    Would you know any tweaks which could help
    solve the problems of the sea and the beach?

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was following your other thread just now, and think it would
    > be prudent to experiment with the nVidia driver they suggested.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    > rights.
    >
    > "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message
    > | Thanx.. I've now progressed to being able to play the game
    > | untill it suddendly quits.. still an improvement..
    > |
    > | I've found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187916/ reference,
    > | but that seems to relate to problems when starting the game
    > | ..and other OS's than Windows XP..?...
    > |
    > | thank you again in advance!
    > |

    > | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    > | > Hi Jvdk,
    > | >
    > | > My bad - I was multitasking heavily at the time..
    > | > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331147
    > | >
    > | > Cheers,
    > | > Jimmy.
    > | >
    > | > "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > |

    > | > command:
    > files.

    > User
    > | > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    > | > http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    > any

    > | > | > |
    > stuck.
    > | > | > |
    > wmp...
    > | > | > |
    > | > introduction
    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |
    > | > | > |

    > | > |
    > | > |

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?)

    Hi Jvdk,

    There are two separate driver versions which were suggested
    as working best with that game and video card combo, have
    you tried them both? If so, there's some troubleshooting steps
    you can take advantage of at the following URL:
    http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits/Video.html

    --

    "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message news:OStY1TKjFHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    | Hi,
    |
    | As you've possibly read in the other thread as well,
    | the nVidia driver is up to date...
    |
    | Would you know any tweaks which could help
    | solve the problems of the sea and the beach?
    |

    | "Jimmy S." <nosp@m.pls> schreef in bericht
    | > Hi,
    | >
    | > I was following your other thread just now, and think it would
    | > be prudent to experiment with the nVidia driver they suggested.
    | >
    | > --
    | > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
    | > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    | >
    | > Visit my MSN Zone.com and Gaming Help Site: http://mvps.org/nibblesnbits
    | > MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
    | > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
    | > rights.
    | >
    | > "Jvdk" <j@nl> wrote in message
    | > | Thanx.. I've now progressed to being able to play the game
    | > | untill it suddendly quits.. still an improvement..
    | > |
    | > | I've found this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187916/ reference,
    | > | but that seems to relate to problems when starting the game
    | > | ..and other OS's than Windows XP..?...
    | > |
    | > | thank you again in advance!
    | > |