i'm running xp i'm having a problem with my mouse pointer

it keeps jumping to the corners every now and then

can anyone help

curmudgeon

brunty wrote:
> i'm running xp i'm having a problem with my mouse pointer
>
> it keeps jumping to the corners every now and then
>
> can anyone help

I'm sure that someone can

Intermittent, likely caused by hardware. Try different mouse?

brunty wrote:

> i'm running xp i'm having a problem with my mouse pointer
>
> it keeps jumping to the corners every now and then
>
> can anyone help

The OP did not provide enough info on the mouse point problem.

If they are having problems with the mouse pointer, wee needed to know how
the mouse is connected (USB, PS/2 or Serial).

Here are several general solutions for this:

1) Update the mouse drivers

2) Update the motherboard chipset drivers (usually for USB ports and IRQ
controls)

3) Update video card driver (can cause visual interference with mouse
points)

4) If the mouse is a wireless mouse:
a) Replace the batteries
b) Re-orient the receiver away from "other" broadcasting devices
(speakers, radios, TV, monitors etc.) These can cause signal interference.
c) Check for signal channel selection and change the channel.