Needs name brand DVD burner

inquiring

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2002
I am looking for an internal or external NAME BRAND DVD burner for making backup copies of my movie DVDs here. I know that the dual layer burners are out now and I definitely want to get the dual format burner. I dont know if I can get BOTH features affordably but I want to know what the forum gurus think about this. If I cant afford the dual layer burner then Id settle for the single layer burner-I mean name brands like SONY, NEC, TOSHIBA and since Ive had bad luck with HP CDROM burners in the past I want to avoid HP.
I hope a DVD burner/player can be bought for <$100.
If I have a DVD burner player on my PC then do I first copy the files from the source DVD onto my HD then burn those files onto the DVD blank? I like ROXIO 6 for this job.

Thank you.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
NEC ND-3500A about $65, Pioneer DVR-108 ~$75. They are both double-layer and dual-format (16X single-layer/4X dl).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
NEC 3500A. I'd still use DVD-Shrink and put everything on DVD-R for compatability reasons.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I recently purchased a Lite On dvd-rw drive. I've always liked the Lite-On line because they perform well for the price.

didnt have one of em electronic pens so ill just type my name,<i>CoOoLMaNX</i>

RichPLS

Champion
You can get a Plextor 712 DVD/CD burner for around $70
And quality is among the best there is.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>