Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Hello

I am not sure if I can add a news item each and every day, but as a
test I have started a RSS newsfeed for Mahjong News.
If you are interested, please copy the following link to your RSS reader:

http://www.mahjongnews.com/mahnews.xml

I am also curious to know if there are any problems. This stuff is
quite new to me.

Grtz
--

|Martin Rep
|The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
|Mahjong News:
|www.mahjongnews.com
|The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
|www.riichi.tk
|The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
|www.gouden-draak.nl

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Hello,

>I am not sure if I can add a news item each and every day, but as a
>test I have started a RSS newsfeed for Mahjong News.
>If you are interested, please copy the following link to your RSS reader:
>
>http://www.mahjongnews.com/mahnews.xml
>
>I am also curious to know if there are any problems. This stuff is
>quite new to me.

There is no "pubDate" which tells the RSS reader how new or old the item is. You
may want to consider using software to create the feed, it makes it much easier.
Take a look at FeedForAll http://www.feedforall.com it will automatically insert
and format the dates for you.
All best,
GameGirl

Martin Rep wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am not sure if I can add a news item each and every day, but as a test
> I have started a RSS newsfeed for Mahjong News.
> If you are interested, please copy the following link to your RSS reader:
>
> http://www.mahjongnews.com/mahnews.xml
>
> I am also curious to know if there are any problems. This stuff is quite
> new to me.

Seems to work allright..
Although you shouldn't read the canibal part just before dinner ;-)

Sjoerd

GameGirl wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I am not sure if I can add a news item each and every day, but as a
>> test I have started a RSS newsfeed for Mahjong News.
>> If you are interested, please copy the following link to your RSS
>> reader:
>>
>> http://www.mahjongnews.com/mahnews.xml
>>
>> I am also curious to know if there are any problems. This stuff is
>> quite new to me.
>
> There is no "pubDate" which tells the RSS reader how new or old the
> item is. You may want to consider using software to create the feed,
> it makes it much easier. Take a look at FeedForAll
> http://www.feedforall.com it will automatically insert and format the
> dates for you.

hmm... I see the pubDate for all items... they look like this:
<pubDate>Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:35:35 GMT</pubDate>

/Jimi

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

On 2004-10-01 13:49:41 +0200, "Jimi Hullegård"
<ask-for-real-email@nothotmail.com> said:

> hmm... I see the pubDate for all items... they look like this:
> <pubDate>Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:35:35 GMT</pubDate>

...But they don't show? Like I said, this stuff is new to me as well.
Still looking for a little tool running uder OS X that does the hard
work for me.
But you folks like it?

Greetz

--

|Martin Rep
|The Independent Internet Mahjong Newspaper
|Mahjong News:
|www.mahjongnews.com
|The Dutch Championship Riichi Mahjong:
|www.riichi.tk
|The Golden Dragon Hong Kong Mahjong Club:
|www.gouden-draak.nl

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Hi,

>> There is no "pubDate" which tells the RSS reader how new or old the
>> item is. You may want to consider using software to create the feed,
>> it makes it much easier. Take a look at FeedForAll
>> http://www.feedforall.com it will automatically insert and format the
>> dates for you.
>
>hmm... I see the pubDate for all items... they look like this:
><pubDate>Tue, 28 Sep 2004 13:35:35 GMT</pubDate>

Each item typically has its own pubDate take a look at this feed and compare the
reference under each <item> tag:
http://www.rss-specifications.com/blog-feed.xml

The feed posted only has a channel pubDate rather than a date for each item.
HTH
GameGirl