What the hell is "synchronizing"?

I connected my XP Pro laptop to a client's network recently, and now when I
log off, I've noticed it goes into this short "synchronizing" routine right
before it shuts down. I don't use Outlook or connect to an Exchange server,
and there are no obvious clues to *what* is synchronizing. Any clues?

Take a peek in MSCONFIG, Start Up tab............see if there is anything
new.........maybe something got added to your laptop whilst connected to the
client's network, i.e. a 'time synch' proggy or the like.
Heirloom, old and don't care what time
it is

"Earl" <brikshoe@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>I connected my XP Pro laptop to a client's network recently, and now when I
>log off, I've noticed it goes into this short "synchronizing" routine right
>before it shuts down. I don't use Outlook or connect to an Exchange server,
>and there are no obvious clues to *what* is synchronizing. Any clues?

map

Earl wrote:
> I connected my XP Pro laptop to a client's network recently, and now
> when I log off, I've noticed it goes into this short "synchronizing"
> routine right before it shuts down. I don't use Outlook or connect to
> an Exchange server, and there are no obvious clues to *what* is
> synchronizing. Any clues?

Mike Pawlak

Open Help and Support and in the search box type in:synchronizing and
press Enter key.
I think you can configure it from Internet Tools>Synchronize option.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Earl wrote:

> I connected my XP Pro laptop to a client's network recently, and now when I
> log off, I've noticed it goes into this short "synchronizing" routine right
> before it shuts down. I don't use Outlook or connect to an Exchange server,
> and there are no obvious clues to *what* is synchronizing. Any clues?

"Earl" <brikshoe@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>I connected my XP Pro laptop to a client's network recently, and now when I
>log off, I've noticed it goes into this short "synchronizing" routine right
>before it shuts down. I don't use Outlook or connect to an Exchange server,
>and there are no obvious clues to *what* is synchronizing. Any clues?

Open a Windows Explorer window and click Tools menu then Sychronize. Click
the settings button and untick the required settings.

grol

Thanks to all who replied. Twas the Explorer Synchronize settings.
Interesting, as I never turned that on....

> Thanks to all who replied. Twas the Explorer Synchronize settings.
> Interesting, as I never turned that on....

While at that network, your pc wasn't added to a Domain was it?

I suspect that was indeed the case. Windows Server 2003.