Dell E228WFP vs Dell 2007FP

rinswind

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
I have both of these available at about the same price.
I will be using the display for gaming, movie watching and coding in equal measures.
I'm using a crappy 17" Samsung right now so I really don't know what to expect of either of these.

The choice seems to go like this:
E228WFP: TN panel - good reaction/bad viewing angles/acceptable colors/bigger screen with smaller resolution.
2007WP: S-IPS pannel - bad reaction/superb viewing angles/superb colors/smaller screen with bigger resolution.

Seems the TN is good for gaming and maybe movie watching and the S-ISP is good for coding/browsing and as for movie watching it is hard to tell: superb angles and color but smaller non-wide screen. I'm lost here :p

Which one would you choose and why?

prodystopian

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I could be wrong, but I think that even though the response time is slightly higher on the 20", you probably won't be able to notice the difference. Also, the 20" should look much better for movies (better colors from the better panel). I would go with the 20". I bought a 24" dell primarily because I use it to watch movies from about 17 ft, so I wanted the size. But if you won't be too far away and size isn't much of a factor, I would recommend the 20".

rinswind

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2007
Hmm..10x for the advice. I'll probably go with the 20".
I will be watching movies on it from 8-9 feet. At 20" it approaches the size of my current TV, which I watch at the same distance so it should be okay right? :)

TRENDING THREADS