i need help with windows task bar and start menu

Tags:
  • Start Menu
  • Windows Update
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 14, 2005 12:24:01 AM

i downloaded the latest windows update, and once i restarted my computer, the
start menu and task bar went to the "classic windows" style. why is this?
also, i am not able to change it back to the windows xp start menu and task
bar. any help will be appreciated

More about : windows task bar start menu

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 12:43:21 AM

I had the same problem after KB903235 was automatically installed on my
system. Oddly, I let it sit for a few minutes while I researched the
issue on my other system and it reverted back to the XP theme without
any action on my part. I had the same thing happen with update
KB883939 and it did not resolve on its own, ultimately requiring a
reformat of the hard drive and a fresh install. Both updates also
killed my Internet connection. Nothing I could find in the newsgroups
or the Web on the subject. What a pain.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 12:46:02 AM

I had the same problem after KB903235 was automatically installed on my
system. Oddly, I let it sit for a few minutes while I researched the
issue on my other system and it reverted back to the XP theme without
any action on my part. I had the same thing happen with update
KB883939 and it did not resolve on its own, ultimately requiring a
reformat of the hard drive and a fresh install. Both updates also
killed my Internet connection. Nothing I could find in the newsgroups
or the Web on the subject. What a pain.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:09:02 AM

thank you... it's back to normal now, on it's own
!