i need help with windows task bar and start menu

i downloaded the latest windows update, and once i restarted my computer, the
start menu and task bar went to the "classic windows" style. why is this?
also, i am not able to change it back to the windows xp start menu and task
bar. any help will be appreciated
3 answers Last reply
More about windows task start menu

    I had the same problem after KB903235 was automatically installed on my
    system. Oddly, I let it sit for a few minutes while I researched the
    issue on my other system and it reverted back to the XP theme without
    any action on my part. I had the same thing happen with update
    KB883939 and it did not resolve on its own, ultimately requiring a
    reformat of the hard drive and a fresh install. Both updates also
    killed my Internet connection. Nothing I could find in the newsgroups
    or the Web on the subject. What a pain.

    I had the same problem after KB903235 was automatically installed on my
    system. Oddly, I let it sit for a few minutes while I researched the
    issue on my other system and it reverted back to the XP theme without
    any action on my part. I had the same thing happen with update
    KB883939 and it did not resolve on its own, ultimately requiring a
    reformat of the hard drive and a fresh install. Both updates also
    killed my Internet connection. Nothing I could find in the newsgroups
    or the Web on the subject. What a pain.

    thank you... it's back to normal now, on it's own

Start Menu Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP