(help)(usb auto run)

Dear friends:

if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank you
very very much.

mike han
05/7/14
3 answers Last reply
More about help auto

    The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
    drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the
    device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
    must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    mikehan wrote:

    > Dear friends:
    >
    > if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank you
    > very very much.
    >
    > mike han
    > 05/7/14

    More informations here:-
    Creating an AutoRun-Enabled Application
    http://tinyurl.com/7hltz

    you may download and install an application from here:-

    Autorun USB 1.1
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Autorun-USB.shtml

    With Autorun USB it is possible to have applications or documents
    autorun when you insert your USB stick.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    S.Sengupta wrote:

    > The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
    > drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the
    > device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
    > must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > mikehan wrote:
    >
    >> Dear friends:
    >>
    >> if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank
    >> you very very much.
    >>
    >> mike han
    >> 05/7/14

    Thank you very much S.Sengupta, I have change my inquiry data, and mark our
    usb device as a non-removal device, as following:

    my inquiry data: {0x00, 0x00,... In this situation, the usb device can't be
    seen at the windows explore.
    the second byte means removal device or not
    my autorun.inf file is following:
    [autorun]
    open=autorun.exe
    icon=PC Link Service.ico

    Please help me, thank you very much.

    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com>
    ??????:OIyi1gCiFHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
    > drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the
    > device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device must
    > contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application.
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > mikehan wrote:
    >
    >> Dear friends:
    >>
    >> if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank you
    >> very very much.
    >>
    >> mike han
    >> 05/7/14

USB Microsoft Windows XP