(help)(usb auto run)

July 14, 2005 3:45:05 PM

Dear friends:

if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank you
very very much.

mike han
05/7/14

More about : usb auto run

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:45:06 PM

The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the
device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

mikehan wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank you
> very very much.
>
> mike han
> 05/7/14

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:45:07 PM

More informations here:-
Creating an AutoRun-Enabled Application
http://tinyurl.com/7hltz

you may download and install an application from here:-

Autorun USB 1.1
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Aut...

With Autorun USB it is possible to have applications or documents
autorun when you insert your USB stick.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

S.Sengupta wrote:

> The Autorun capabilities are restricted to CD-ROM drives and fixed disk
> drives. If you need to make a USB storage device perform Autorun, the
> device must not be marked as a removable media device and the device
> must contain an Autorun.inf file and a startup application.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> mikehan wrote:
>
>> Dear friends:
>>
>> if you know about usb auto run,please tell me about it, Thank
>> you very very much.
>>
>> mike han
>> 05/7/14

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:35:55 PM

Thank you very much S.Sengupta, I have change my inquiry data, and mark our
usb device as a non-removal device, as following:

my inquiry data: {0x00, 0x00,... In this situation, the usb device can't be
seen at the windows explore.
the second byte means removal device or not
my autorun.inf file is following:
[autorun]
open=autorun.exe
icon=PC Link Service.ico