Your question

Ideal Laptop

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
July 15, 2009 1:29:19 AM

1_What is your budget?
500<x<900
the less expensive the better obviously
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
around 16 inches
3_What screen resolution do you want?
not too important
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement
5_How much battery life do you need?
more the better
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
playing music, movie, surfing the internet
writing papers, doing homework
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
more the better 160<
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
no idea, any suggestions?
10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
as long as possible, hopefully last me through graduate school so... 5 years? idk if that's pushing it
11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I heard Dell is really crappy
Asus is suppose to be pretty respectable

i don't know much about brands
13_What country do you live in?
United States

More about : ideal laptop

July 18, 2009 12:54:02 PM

I've seen a lot of buzz about Sager. I have only heard of this brand through this webiste, what is the big deal?
Related resources
July 18, 2009 9:02:32 PM

Sader is pretty good with laptops,

HP is also good, look at the DV6 series or the DV7 ones.
a b D Laptop
July 19, 2009 4:32:42 AM

ericxfresh said:
I've seen a lot of buzz about Sager. I have only heard of this brand through this webiste, what is the big deal?

They are a smaller, lesser known company that has it's systems built by a company called Clevo. Clevo laptops are used by a number of high end boutiques like Alienware, Falcon Northwest, Widow PC, etc. They have some of the best build quality on the market and are also some of the best when it comes to price/performance.

As an owner of a 2 year old Sager NP5760, I highly recommend these laptops to anyone looking for a high powered system on a respectable budget.
!