OOPS clicked on Install or Remove loader

JohnnyKneeBone

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
Hello,
bought computer everything working fine 1 hour with new computer clicked on Install / Remove loader computer no longer works but turns off and on showing boot screen for 2 or 3 seconds then computer turns off and on off and on off and on doing the same 2 or 3 sec boot screen display forever . This is an I5 computer I think the problem is probably going to be an easy fix I just don't know how . I think the loader was either removed or interrupted by clicking on the Install or remove loader . Please Help

Solution
Since it new..
the best way is to reinstall OS.. it much quicker and straight forward....

or u could try to use system restore...

kilo_17

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Maybe the System File Checker would work, boot from the Windows 7 CD, and click 'Repair your computer' , choose the command prompt, and type the following into the command window: sfc /scannow
Let it finish, exit, and reboot and give it a try.

JohnnyKneeBone

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
so far it looks like we're going to go the easy route and reinstall OS ... tried repair your computer which showed boot image not available, there are a few reasons why but we will let you know how it goes thanks for the advice it's nice to know we're all on the same page it reassures me I'm not completely stupid btw tom's hardware is likely the best site there is it shows up first on most searches thanks rdc85 and kilo_17

JohnnyKneeBone

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
The reinstall was a success and has been running fine for days . Likely Microsoft was being screwy .Now we have to deal with a 12 year old forcing USB plugs into computers the wrong way !!! other than three damaged keyboards there is no damage to the computer . If it doesn't slide in easy don't force it ...never mind , that sounds sexual

JohnnyKneeBone

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I do have another question about another I5 computer we have except it is more focused toward a gaming computer it suddenly wouldn't boot into the operating system so my techy brother told us to wipe it clean but all we get is an error message now here is what I think is wrong 2 4 gig ram sticks 1600 frq and 1 video card over clocked dual channel "not compatible with mother board " , Motherboard 1156 . I'm asking because this computer is new but it's been sitting for months on end . I'd send it to him and he would have it up and running in no time but he's in Nova Scotia and I'm in the province where you can watch your dog run away from home for a week it's so flat that's right ...Saskatchewan

PRTs Kingston Hyper X sticks , I5 760 2.80GHz 8Mb Cache 1156 95w, 460 watt power supply , Video card is Asus GTX 210 1 Gig DD3 , msi H55M-E33. If I am right what cards should I be running and does everything I listed look like an okay match ...somehow I think not but I'm sure there are people who know better than I .

rdc85

Honorable
Glad to hear it all works out.

for the other problems u might wanna open new threat so the discussion not side tracked to far.... (u also will get better support)

as kilo_17 said try to revert it to default clock...

if the GPU is factory overclocked nothing much to do, for the ram u can try clear the motherboard BIOS to reset it to default...

also u will need to info the ram type/model.. also the psu brand/model and ampere of each rail is nice addition..

edit: At first, try clear the BIOS by unplug all the device (monitor, CPU, speaker, etc..) from wall power and remove the cmos battery for 5 min and then reinstall the battery..

TRENDING THREADS