Is there a way to combnie files from different folders to ..

I have hundreds of folders that are from a disk recovery, I don't know what
is in every folder but I know that many of them only have 1 or 2 files in
them. Is there a way to move all the files from all the folders into one
folder besides opening each and every folder and moving them.

Thanks

if you want just to move files with the same extension e.g. .rec

then try Search *.rec , Select all , Cut, Paste to required folder

hth

Philip Ashley

"Just Me" <no@isp.com> wrote in message
>I have hundreds of folders that are from a disk recovery, I don't know what
>is in every folder but I know that many of them only have 1 or 2 files in
>them. Is there a way to move all the files from all the folders into one
>folder besides opening each and every folder and moving them.
>
> Thanks

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Just Me wrote:

> I have hundreds of folders that are from a disk recovery, I don't know what
> is in every folder but I know that many of them only have 1 or 2 files in
> them. Is there a way to move all the files from all the folders into one
> folder besides opening each and every folder and moving them.
>
> Thanks

What are the file names? If there is any commonality do a search for
them using wild card characters, then drag all of them at once to the
folder you want.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Use a tool called xxcopy, the free version will do it.
http://www.xxcopy.com/index.htm

Use the /SG switch

eg: xxcopy c:\dir1 c:\dir2 /SG

This will copy every file from c:\dir1 and all its subdirectories into the
directory c:\dir2

Regards
Mark Dormer