Gangtnt

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010

Thanks, a lot.sometimes we r very doubtful about things that work smoothly

Psssst

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Answer to Youngster's question:
Yes if you install/uninstall/test a lot of software, cracked or not.
All versions of Windows benefit from a clean, lean & mean registry.
This, of course, includes Windows 7 x32 & x64.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
I'm running Windows 7 x64 and Wintools.net works well, takes out what its supposed to without doing any damage. I've tested other registry cleaners with Windows 7 x64 and most resulted in failure, not being able to boot back into Windows......nothing Acronis couldn't handle.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Google for comodo registry cleaner. They have a new one out, in fact it's available as a portable that does need installed and I think it will find things, allow you to reboot and test for any problems before it actually deletes the keys. Not bad for free. I like it.

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

Thanks for the tip. I gave up on testing registry cleaners but decided to try Comodo after reading your post. It did a good job and the computer rebooted without issues. Thanks.

Rita890

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
To me, every system need a reg. optimizer,i'd like to share my tool with you. AthTek Registrycleaner.http://www.cleanregedit.com
it supports Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/7 both 32bit and 64bit systems. there is a lot good reviews about it.

While it is usually good to have something to clear out old registry entries that point to files/locations that no longer exist, you aren't going to see a performance benefit of any kind from any registry "optimizers".

Even then, there are advantages to leaving old registry entries in place, especially if its application settings data, say if you re-install the application at a later point in time.