MJ for T610

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

"dbrn" <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote ...
> Are there mj games for my handy? it is a t610

It's a cell phone? There are a few cell phone MJ apps listed in FAQ 5. If
you find more, please let me know and I'll add them to the FAQ.
Tom

Tom Sloper wrote:
> "dbrn" <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote ...
>
>>Are there mj games for my handy? it is a t610
>

> It's a cell phone? There are a few cell phone MJ apps listed in FAQ 5. If
> you find more, please let me know and I'll add them to the FAQ.
> Tom

yeah, handy (European English) means cell phone ;)
the problem is that i found some but they are all expensive and you can
get them only if you have a chinese mobile account. :(
help! :(

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

In article <5vEed.192286$35.9193892@news4.tin.it>,
dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>yeah, handy (European English) means cell phone ;)

That is, Europe excluding the English-speaking parts of Europe.
Actually, "handy" is the *German* for "mobile (phone)" (which is the English
word for the device).
Maybe other non-English-speakers say "handy" because they hear it from
Germans and don't realize it's not English?

Why the Germans adopted an English word and gave it a new meaning,
I don't know!

dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
> [...]

I replied:

"Julian Bradfield" <jcb@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote
> Actually, "handy" is the *German* for "mobile (phone)" (which is the
> English
> word for the device). ...
> Why the Germans adopted an English word and gave it a new meaning,
> I don't know!

(^_^) The Japanese have been doing that for years! I could name some
examples, but it's bedtime here in California...

dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>> the problem is that i found some but they are all expensive and you can
>> get them only if you have a chinese mobile account. :(

So - pay the money and get a Chinese mobile account. Or use Google to see if
you can find some more apps that can be added to the FAQ (I'll give you
credit for finding them).

dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>> help! :(

I already did as much as I'm going to for now (see FAQ 5). If you can find
some more apps using Google or something, others would appreciate the help
that you gave them! (^_^) - Tom

Julian Bradfield wrote:
> In article <5vEed.192286$35.9193892@news4.tin.it>,
> dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>
>>yeah, handy (European English) means cell phone ;)
>

> That is, Europe excluding the English-speaking parts of Europe.
> Actually, "handy" is the *German* for "mobile (phone)" (which is the English
> word for the device).
> Maybe other non-English-speakers say "handy" because they hear it from
> Germans and don't realize it's not English?
>
> Why the Germans adopted an English word and gave it a new meaning,
> I don't know!

hand in deutsch means exactly like in english hand :)
maybe that's why many english people adopted that term too

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

In article <W9Led.78952$b5.3855379@news3.tin.it>,
dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>Julian Bradfield wrote:

>> Actually, "handy" is the *German* for "mobile (phone)" (which is the English
>> word for the device).
>> Why the Germans adopted an English word and gave it a new meaning,
>> I don't know!

>hand in deutsch means exactly like in english hand :)

So what?

>maybe that's why many english people adopted that term too

I know no English people who use "handy" for "mobile", unless they're
talking to Germans!

Anyway, to go back to your original question...what's wrong with the
first result from asking Google about
mah-jong t610
?

Julian Bradfield wrote:
> In article <W9Led.78952$b5.3855379@news3.tin.it>,
> dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:
>
>>Julian Bradfield wrote:
>

>>>Actually, "handy" is the *German* for "mobile (phone)" (which is the English
>>>word for the device).

>>>Why the Germans adopted an English word and gave it a new meaning,
>>>I don't know!
>

>>hand in deutsch means exactly like in english hand :)
>

> So what?
>

>>maybe that's why many english people adopted that term too
>

> I know no English people who use "handy" for "mobile", unless they're
> talking to Germans!
>
> Anyway, to go back to your original question...what's wrong with the
> first result from asking Google about
> mah-jong t610
> ?

that there is no way to buy it if you don't live in hong kong :p

dbrn wrote:
> Julian Bradfield wrote:
>
>> In article <W9Led.78952$b5.3855379@news3.tin.it>,
>> dbrn <doc.brain@tin.it> wrote:

>>> hand in deutsch means exactly like in english hand :)
>>

>> So what?
>>

>>> maybe that's why many english people adopted that term too
>>

>> I know no English people who use "handy" for "mobile", unless they're
>> talking to Germans!
>> Anyway, to go back to your original question...what's wrong with the
>> first result from asking Google about mah-jong t610
>> ?
>>

> that there is no way to buy it if you don't live in hong kong :p

i asked the guys for some advices or something but they are not
answering i guess there is no way out ;)