Mah-Jong 5.1

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

I have used Detlev Schmidtke's Mah-Jongg 5.1 for years on Windows 95 and 98.
But when I try to run it on Windows XP I get an error message. It appears
to install successfully, but when I start it up to play I get an error
message telling me that one or more of the files is missing or corrupted.
I've downloaded and installed all of the VB Run packages and have downloaded
new copies of mj0501 a couple of times now. But I still can't get it to run
on XP. Anybody know of a fix for this?

JHD wrote:
> I have used Detlev Schmidtke's Mah-Jongg 5.1 for years on Windows 95 and 98.
> But when I try to run it on Windows XP I get an error message. It appears
> to install successfully, but when I start it up to play I get an error
> message telling me that one or more of the files is missing or corrupted.
> I've downloaded and installed all of the VB Run packages and have downloaded
> new copies of mj0501 a couple of times now. But I still can't get it to run
> on XP. Anybody know of a fix for this?

can i know exactly the error message you get? is it a DOS program?

JHD wrote:
> I have used Detlev Schmidtke's Mah-Jongg 5.1 for years on Windows 95 and 98.
> But when I try to run it on Windows XP I get an error message. It appears
> to install successfully, but when I start it up to play I get an error
> message telling me that one or more of the files is missing or corrupted.
> I've downloaded and installed all of the VB Run packages and have downloaded
> new copies of mj0501 a couple of times now. But I still can't get it to run
> on XP. Anybody know of a fix for this?

1. It's tile-matching game and off-topic in this group...
2. Probably Mah-Jongg 5.1.30 - last freeware version from 1997.
Don't know about XP (run Win98 myself), but Rudy Versele have
got it to work on XP, e-mail him!
http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f141.html

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen, Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Halma & Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong,rec.games.computer.puzzle (More info?)

"JHD" <j_dugan@sbcglobal.net> wrote...
>I have used Detlev Schmidtke's Mah-Jongg 5.1 for years on Windows 95 and
>98. But when I try to run it on Windows XP I get an error message.

You expect mah-jongg players to act as Technical Support Reps for some guy's
tile-matching game?

You say the game is by Detlev Schmidtke - why don't you ask him? If you
can't find out how to contact him via the About box in the game, do a Google
on his name. Only the maker/publisher of your game can help you. That's who
you have to go to anytime you have questions about your program.

Good luck - Tom