my fonts are all symbols not letters how do I fix it?

I booted up my computer and everything changed from english to symbols. the
IE Office when I type anything even right-click menus are all written in
symbols not letters. can someone help. I can't understand anything because
everything is in ?#lines and circles. I have to guest what buttons to press.
is there a patch for this some program that will detect this and fix it.
help, thank you

"Anthony Reynard Chinnis"
<AnthonyReynardChinnis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I booted up my computer and everything changed from english to symbols. the
>IE Office when I type anything even right-click menus are all written in
>symbols not letters. can someone help. I can't understand anything because
>everything is in ?#lines and circles. I have to guest what buttons to press.
>is there a patch for this some program that will detect this and fix it.

See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084). If you cannot
find and start SR from your normal account, boot to the Safe Mode and
try from here. Or see "How to Start System Restore Tool From a Command
Prompt in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Thank you for your help I am back on track

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> "Anthony Reynard Chinnis"
> <AnthonyReynardChinnis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I booted up my computer and everything changed from english to symbols. the
> >IE Office when I type anything even right-click menus are all written in
> >symbols not letters. can someone help. I can't understand anything because
> >everything is in ?#lines and circles. I have to guest what buttons to press.
> >is there a patch for this some program that will detect this and fix it.
>
> See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
> Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084). If you cannot
> find and start SR from your normal account, boot to the Safe Mode and
> try from here. Or see "How to Start System Restore Tool From a Command
> Prompt in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304449).
>
> --
> (tm)
> ICQ: 192649233

This usually happens when we fiddle with System Fonts. Not all fonts are
but many you wouldn't expect to be are.

--
George Hester