Status
Not open for further replies.

davesophie

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Hi everyone,
I have one of the early JVC everio hard drive cameras; the GZ-MC200. it has a removable miniature hard drive of only 4GB. thank god it has a SD slot that can step in if the hard drive is full. I use it more for Video than for actual still pictures. the problem is that when i bought it SDHC where not spread yet. And I have noticed that the camera is not compatible with SDHC. So i would like to know if there are any SD memory cards above 2gb that are not SDHC.

Ring_Zero

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
The capacity of standard SD cards only goes up to 2Gb. Larger cards may be available, but they're outwith the specification. http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdcard/

The good news is that the GZ-MC200 can use Microdrive/CF cards larger than 4Gb: I'm using an 8Gb Seagate Microdrive and a 16Gb Transcend CompactFlash (x133) without any problems.

TheMantis

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
Your options are:

1. Bigger micro drive / cf card

2. Get an SD to CF adapter (amazon dot com) this will enable you to use SDHC cards in your CF II slot. I have a MC200 aswell and I just went through this. Currently running a kingston 16 GB SDHC card, works perfectly. Note that camera run time is atleast 10 mins longer with SD or CF vs microdrive from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.