an alternate way of changing time and date?

for some reason i am unable to access the time and date properties or control
panel i was wondering if there was an alternative way of changing the time
and date
4 answers Last reply
More about alternate changing time date

    Double click the time/date in the taskbar... or
    use a third party program, such as AtomTime
    (www.Atomtime.com) or AtomicTime Sync (www.analogx.com)
    Use an account with admin rights...

    Open the BIOS and change the time there...or
    Start/Run cmd Then use the commands DATE and TIME

    some support

    "para" <para@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | for some reason i am unable to access the time and date
    properties or control
    | panel i was wondering if there was an alternative way of
    changing the time
    | and date

    Hi,

    Start/run cmd, then enter commands "time" and "date". Note that you still
    need sufficient privileges to change them.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    para wrote:

    > for some reason i am unable to access the time and date properties or control
    > panel i was wondering if there was an alternative way of changing the time
    > and date

    I like tclock light as an alternative.
    http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/index.html

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    para wrote:
    > for some reason i am unable to access the time and date properties or control
    > panel i was wondering if there was an alternative way of changing the time
    > and date

    Use the time and date commands at the command prompt. If you run those
    commands without any parameters, the output should make it obvious what
    you have to enter.

Microsoft Windows XP