EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED

My System (Win XP Pro SP2)has been very slow in Logging Off or ShutDown since
some 2 weeks ago.
No Viruses or adware were found in a scan.
Windows Updates are all installed.

A peep in the Event Viewer showed this error:
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
%1

Explanation
The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the
expected location.

--

Poltonis

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Poltonis" <Evenstar@Fastweb.net> wrote:

>My System (Win XP Pro SP2)has been very slow in Logging Off or ShutDown since
>some 2 weeks ago.
>No Viruses or adware were found in a scan.
>Windows Updates are all installed.

See "Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029).

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

http://tinyurl.com/b4xxd
check here which drivers failed to load.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Poltonis wrote:
> My System (Win XP Pro SP2)has been very slow in Logging Off or ShutDown since
> some 2 weeks ago.
> No Viruses or adware were found in a scan.
> Windows Updates are all installed.
>
> A peep in the Event Viewer showed this error:
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILED
> Message: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
> %1
>
> Explanation
> The specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the
> expected location.

Hi - wanted to acknowledge and thank you three for replying and offering
suggestions. I am still grappling with this nagging problem but it's taking
more time than I thought.
--
Rgds
Poltonis