I have two computers and two registered versions of several Microsoft
programs (most noticeably Office & Win XP). I have mixed up the disks and
am not sure which one is one which computer. How can I tell which install
disk was used on which computer?

Thanks in advance... Bob

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Bob Newman wrote:

> I have two computers and two registered versions of several Microsoft
> programs (most noticeably Office & Win XP). I have mixed up the disks and
> am not sure which one is one which computer. How can I tell which install
> disk was used on which computer?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

In addition to what others have said If they are the same version of
Windows OS, then it doesn't matter. The CDs are not unique within the
same type, such as retail v OEM, Home v Pro.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Alias

Download and run the Home Edition of Everest:

http://www.lavalys.com/

and it will tell you the product keys of whatever you have installed on your
computer. It's free.

--
Alias

"Bob Newman" <bob.newman@cox.net> wrote in message
>I have two computers and two registered versions of several Microsoft
>programs (most noticeably Office & Win XP). I have mixed up the disks and
>am not sure which one is one which computer. How can I tell which install
>disk was used on which computer?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

Belarc Advisor -builds a detailed profile of your installed software and
hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your
Web browser.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Bob Newman wrote:

> I have two computers and two registered versions of several Microsoft
> programs (most noticeably Office & Win XP). I have mixed up the disks and
> am not sure which one is one which computer. How can I tell which install
> disk was used on which computer?
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

I have downloaded and ran it but I see nothing do do with keys or even
software. Where would I find it?

Thanks... Bob