Font Colour on Desktop

I have got this request from one of our Senior Group Members:

I am desperately trying to change the font colour on my desktop from white
to a colour that is more easily read. I have Windows XP and am now wondering
if white printing on the desktop is not "set in concrete".

I look forward to your reply.

I have searched for information on it and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q140752/ but it says this on there:

NOTE: You cannot choose a color for the Icon and Palette Title items.

Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved please?

--

Regards
Joe

    You mean color of the text on the icons?
    you can't change color except between black on a 'label' of background
    color and White with shadows.[Control Panel | Syatem |Advanced | Visual
    effects |under which in the Panel the box 'use drop shadows. . . .'

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Joe wrote:

    > I have got this request from one of our Senior Group Members:
    >
    > I am desperately trying to change the font colour on my desktop from white
    > to a colour that is more easily read. I have Windows XP and am now wondering
    > if white printing on the desktop is not "set in concrete".
    >
    > I look forward to your reply.
    >

    > I have searched for information on it and found this article
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q140752/ but it says this on there:
    >
    > NOTE: You cannot choose a color for the Icon and Palette Title items.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved please?

    It can be done, depending on how desperate you are........

    12Ghosts SetColor (Windows, $29.95 shareware):
    http://12Ghosts.com/ghosts/setcolor.htm
    Quote: "Set the text color of your desktop icons. You may also make the
    background transparent. Although Windows does not allow changing these
    colors, this special tool can, automatically and easily."

    --
    Regards

    John Waller

    http://12ghosts.com/ghosts/setcolor.htm

    --
    Regards

    John Waller

    Nice one.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    John Waller wrote:

    > http://12ghosts.com/ghosts/setcolor.htm

    Yes that is what she was hoping to be able to do, looks like I have to
    advise her that she cannot do what she wants and of course inform her of
    your advice.

    Many thanks for your time.

    --

    Regards
    Joe
    "S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
    > You mean color of the text on the icons?
    > you can't change color except between black on a 'label' of background
    > color and White with shadows.[Control Panel | Syatem |Advanced | Visual
    > effects |under which in the Panel the box 'use drop shadows. . . .'
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I have got this request from one of our Senior Group Members:
    >>
    >> I am desperately trying to change the font colour on my desktop from
    >> white to a colour that is more easily read. I have Windows XP and am now
    >> wondering if white printing on the desktop is not "set in concrete".
    >>
    >> I look forward to your reply.
    >>

    >> I have searched for information on it and found this article
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q140752/ but it says this on there:
    >>
    >> NOTE: You cannot choose a color for the Icon and Palette Title items.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved please?

Desktops Font Windows XP