  • Font
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
July 15, 2005 1:27:20 AM

I have got this request from one of our Senior Group Members:

I am desperately trying to change the font colour on my desktop from white
to a colour that is more easily read. I have Windows XP and am now wondering
if white printing on the desktop is not "set in concrete".

I look forward to your reply.

I have searched for information on it and found this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q140752/ but it says this on there:

NOTE: You cannot choose a color for the Icon and Palette Title items.

Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved please?

--

Regards
Joe

More about : font colour desktop

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:27:21 AM

You mean color of the text on the icons?
you can't change color except between black on a 'label' of background
color and White with shadows.[Control Panel | Syatem |Advanced | Visual
effects |under which in the Panel the box 'use drop shadows. . . .'

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Joe wrote:

> I have got this request from one of our Senior Group Members:
>
> I am desperately trying to change the font colour on my desktop from white
> to a colour that is more easily read. I have Windows XP and am now wondering
> if white printing on the desktop is not "set in concrete".
>
> I look forward to your reply.
>

> I have searched for information on it and found this article
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q140752/ but it says this on there:
>
> NOTE: You cannot choose a color for the Icon and Palette Title items.
>
> Does anyone know of a way that this can be achieved please?

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 1:33:02 AM

It can be done, depending on how desperate you are........

12Ghosts SetColor (Windows, $29.95 shareware):
http://12Ghosts.com/ghosts/setcolor.htm
Quote: "Set the text color of your desktop icons. You may also make the
background transparent. Although Windows does not allow changing these
colors, this special tool can, automatically and easily."

--
Regards

John Waller
Related resources
July 15, 2005 1:57:25 AM

Yes that is what she was hoping to be able to do, looks like I have to
advise her that she cannot do what she wants and of course inform her of
your advice.

Many thanks for your time.

--

Regards